Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Raster scanning

Things

nice work andy! ;) man that thing is impressive! if it wasn't for the high cost of galvo's, all scanners would be able to do that! ;D ;D

Actually, I'm more familiar with classic equipment. Gas tube lasers and a physical blanking device in the scanning unit. My original plans were for that equipment, and so yes, I probably am a little out of date when it comes to setting up a system utilizing the newer laser modules.

The Grey Fox said:
Actually, I'm more familiar with classic equipment. Gas tube lasers and a physical blanking device in the scanning unit. My original plans were for that equipment, and so yes, I probably am a little out of date when it comes to setting up a system utilizing the newer laser modules.

Naah, when you want to put out those 10s of watts of RGB projector, old gas clunkers are still a much better solution - price wise at least! Our fraction of a watt projectors are fun, but there's nothing like a huge, impossibly heavy argon tube riding up your power bill to put out a beautiful 10W beam.

pseudonomen137 said:
Naah, when you want to put out those 10s of watts of RGB projector, old gas clunkers are still a much better solution - price wise at least! Our fraction of a watt projectors are fun, but there's nothing like a huge, impossibly heavy argon tube riding up your power bill to put out a beautiful 10W beam.
Nothing like the sight of a multi-watt beam from an argon laser except maybe the smell of napalm in the morning. ;D
Now if only there was a solution to the pain in the wallet that usually follows that sight...

FokoF

Too cool for school, very nice scan. I wanna order the scanner set off your site andy, just dont know which set to go for el'cheapo or el'granda ;D

things said:
nice work andy! ;) man that thing is impressive! if it wasn't for the high cost of galvo's, all scanners would be able to do that! ;D ;D

the DT40pro's are £300 i believe, which isnt that expensive.

but pangolin set all there software for 30k, so in theory any 30k scanners should be able to do raster.

one problem, the pangolin software which includes the raster files is aboout £6k