Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Question for those who may know about LPM coatings.

I have started testing with the nubm arrays and need a meter to read 250W or so, I thought I could use a C02 meter take a reading of a known output 450nm 2-7W and apply the differential factor to testing with arrays of the same wavelength, I assume it's the absorbency of the coating that's the reason 450nm wouldn't measure the same as 10200nm, can I compensate based on a 2-7W test or would the percentage of difference not be linear for some reason when testing 100W+

I expect for comparing before and after optics it would work just fine to determine the percentage of lost power, but I would also like to get a ballpark number as well.

Same unit for less $$$ > https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...xp_id=90f33672-6f3d-4fd0-aeb3-135f4c723c75-11

Last edited:

Anthony P

I can loan you one of those CO2 meters to try. PM if interested. I would not mind having an answer to that question myself.

Have you tried testing a known 450nm laser with your co2 meter ?
If so how did your reading compare ?

---edit---

Someone told me the C02 hand helds like that are slow and have to cool down between taking a reading, makes sense, I think I will keep looking for a bargain on a used water cooled head, someone linked me one that outputs 0.1mv per 1W so they will be easy to read with a multi-meter just like my little ophir.

Last edited:

Anthony P

I do not have access to a meter for lowish wattage diodes. The CO2 meter is a single shot meter... expose to beam for about 5-10 seconds til it beeps, read it, and let it cool down a few minutes.