Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Oopsie.. Dropped Sanwu Pocket

Seffers93

Well… hope everyone had a good weekend. I certainly did, playing with my new Sanwu Pocket 445nm 500mW.

Howeverrr… this morning, my Sanwu Pocket was in my pocket (hoodie pocket) and I bent over to pick something up… out drops the laser. On hard tile floor 🙄

Stupid mistake.

I fired it up to check functionality. The dot was dim for a few seconds and then sputtered into full brightness. This happened quite a few times while turning it off and back on. Then it seemed to stop flickering but I can’t tell if it’s full brightness or not. Kinda hard to tell in the daylight I suppose.

The only other thing I noticed is when I click it on, the button rattles if you give it a little shake. I’d almost expect this anyway but I can’t recall if it was doing that before.

Ugh. What a bummer.

Seffers93

To make this post just a bit more useful, I’m back home and messing with it and it seems to be functioning perfectly now.

Pretty tough little laser!!

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Hopefully it's okay after the tumble. I did the exact same thing to one of my lasers. It fell right out of a front pocket, luckily it hit the floor in my room where it is carpet. Fortunately it's a direct diode laser and not a DPSS with a complex crystal assembly. In a direct diode there is a lot less that can be ruined from a fell. Something in the switch mechanism is most likely.

Seffers93

Hopefully it's okay after the tumble. I did the exact same thing to one of my lasers. It fell right out of a front pocket, luckily it hit the floor in my room where it is carpet. Fortunately it's a direct diode laser and not a DPSS with a complex crystal assembly. In a direct diode there is a lot less that can be ruined from a fell. Something in the switch mechanism is most likely.
Seems to be, thankfully. My wife would be slightly upset if I decided to order another one just days after receiving it in the mail 😂

I was slightly concerned about the diode when I first dropped it. I’ve never looked into just how durable they are. I know they’re super easy to fry!

julianthedragon

Check your tail-cap ring that holds the switch in, make sure it's tight..... when they bet banged around and loose you will have intermittent/non function.

Thanks, I need this for my pocket too. I didn't drop it but the tailcap/switch came loose the other day for some reason