Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need people interested in 6X cylindrical pairs for the NUBM44

This is for 6X cylindrical pairs for the NUBM44 because it's highly divergent axis has 3 times the divergence of the 520.

would this work or a diode thats already inside an axis module? Would this work for the 07E as well?

But, the 520 is a bar although not quite as pronounces...no interest in making it better...anyway....I will take two one for the 445 and I assume it will work for the 465. Is that what you are going to do?

would this work or a diode thats already inside an axis module? Would this work for the 07E as well?

If you have a 07E or 44 in a 12mm module you use a G2 then the cylindrical pair to square up the rectangle shaped output.

Now one axis that starts wide ends up thin so we actually expand the less aggressive axis.

CDBEAM777 did the sky blue ram jet project and he corrected a NUBM44, just read through the threads and see his pics.

But in short yes, with either diode you use a G2 then the shaping pair.

1 watt 520nm green diodes have about half the divergence the NUBM44 445nm diodes have, these 6X cylinder lens pairs are to tame the 6+ watt NUBM44.

Last edited:
I experimented with the NUBM044 with a pair of 6X...with a G2 and an O-Like glass lens...
I was not satisfied with the results. At the time I did not attempt to couple this optical set-up with a 2mm EFL collimation lens from LSP....for I did not have an extra ! Possibly....just possibly....if this LD were used with a set of 6X...and a 2mm EFL collimation lens....then....it might be tamed !!! ??? Dunno ?????

I had sold the 044E and happily moved on to the NUBM07E....better looking color....higher perceived luminosity...and a tighter initial uncorrected near field beam geometry ( Means it can be corrected more easily )....
Yes...5W vs 6W....raw power.....but...see you now this...

http://lsrtools.1apps.com/relativebrightness/?nm1=462&mw1=5000&nm2=445&mw2=6000&useRaleigh=off

SOooo....even with a higher raw power....the NUBM07E.is about 30% brighter...That's a win for me !!!

Now...for raw W output....I think the O44E still rules supreme.....but....my money is on the NUBM07E.....6X Corrected.....as the best bang for yer buck !!!

Not to worry....in some short months....there will likely come along...a new and improved LD....to again be a game changer !!! That is just the way it is !!!
:eg::eg::eg: Beam Out

Not sure what's taking so long but soon as I hear from him I will let all of you know.

Will update the list with the new additions.

PS these are broadband AR coated so should be ok for any visible color.

These are now available for 45 per set plus shipping for BB AR coated 6x cylinder lenses.

Anyone interested please PM as soon as possible. The GB will happen soon.

Count me in for one for now. There's something I can sell to help raise the funds. Will let you know this friday? Glad they're the 6x as these diodes really need it :)

The supplier told me he has only tested them with the G2 lens so far and had great result with NUBM44 which is exactly what I wanted to hear.

Just wanted to update everyone. I have collected enough funds to send off for the lenses and will be doing so this Friday evening pacific time. Anyone who is still interested but hasn't paid yet please send me a PM as soon as possible to get the necessary info.

Jesse