Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Multiline Argon laser cheap! Michican, USA

If you live nearby, this is a great deal for a multiline argon laser and lots of other cool stuff

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Biosystems-373-DNA-Sequencer-Stretch-/290984561208

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Applied-Biosystems-373A-DNA-Sequencer-/290984561166

Inside you'll find a box style argon head with a 120v power supply. Out of the four DNA sequencers I've taken apart, the argon has worked 4/4 times.

IMPORTANT NOTE: mounted to the underside of the sample door there is a small box containing four mercury tilt switches, these should not be thrown out in the trash

Here's a pic of all the cool stuff you get out of them:
CIMG2391.JPG

Last edited:

Of course. Question is what will people think of you when you're rolling this down the hall? :)

Alex- did you let the Mi guys at PeeLee know?
I just linked bob (CDBeam) but there are more. Thats a super deal- prolly has a JDSU 2505 remote interface and a complete cooling fan and hose- If you could convince the seller to harvest for you and just send the best bits it would me WAY cheaper to ship- I did that for a SL from California and the shipping went down to 30$==+3 for MM for the find and share..

Last edited:
I am not sure where mine came from--but I think it makes more mW than many at 145mW six lines of color-- I see lots that do not make that much- none of my SLs make more thyan 30mW-- but its a damn purdy 30 mW of 488nm.

aside from DNA sequensers- they are also inside confocal microscopes- high speed printers and a few other devices- as these age those that need them will go with the newer SS lasers so we got the old ones for pennies on the dollar..
I got a good deal (Ebay auction) on one in Ca. but the shipping was way too high- I asked the seller to remove that parts I wants & to recycle the rest- so my shipping went WAY down..Aside from the nice color they will heat the average room nicely in the winter- they need to be ran monthly or they can de-gas-

I find that the box style heads don't output as much as the cylinder ones, usually 50-100mW, you get a bunch of colors in that beam though.

They're less annoying to use though, you don't have to deal with the tubing and external fan

MAYBE someone going to SELEM from Mich.( like CDBeam) et al ... maybe/could pick it up- & 86 the unwanted parts and bring with... for a fee or favor.. thats not as far off as you may think- time doubles and folds as SELEM approaches- but the spice must flow and so goes multi-line Argon Lasers. must I post a pic to PROVE THIS??

Some of US...had 'blu-ray' before 1t was called blu-ray.

I have a thread somewhere with a bunch of ML pics

Edit: It was in my sig.....

ML Argon

Last edited:
Post updated with two new links - If you live near Michigan this is a fantastic deal :)

Post updated with two new links - If you live near Michigan this is a fantastic deal :)

I keep watching them every time they hit the end on ebay, then the are relisted. It's been going on a while and I can't figure out why they haven't been snagged yet.

150 and 175 isn't bad for these.

Tempting for me , but too far away... espcecially in view of the size of them.
1000 miles closer and they'd be gone.

Somebody snag these!!!

wow...im all of ~45 minutes away....awful tempting!

shoot...ive thought about it for all of 30 seconds, and i realize:

i
must
buy!!!

but i have spent so much on lasers lately :(
also, it would really suck hard if i got one and the argon wasn't working....

yeeaaaa....I'm buying one. just cant pass up this deal!

any difference between the two other than price?
and also, if i get one and the argon works, i wouldn't mind picking up the other one, taking the argon+PSU out and shipping it to someone. obviously, only if you pay :D (I cant imagine i would charge that much for the hassle-maybe $50-100. depends on shipping as well)