Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Jetlasers GB #3 is CLOSED -

Some other JETL PL-C photos.
On thr left is Matt's new 405/800
on the right is nobodies 405/800 smallest focus at ~30 inches,
I call it nobodies as once I found some like this I removed the names.
The size of this one changed very little as I moved the focus out.

Attachments

• 405-800 from 4 feet away (3).jpg
    405-800 from 4 feet away (3).jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 80
  • GB#3 pics.jpg
    GB#3 pics.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

Hak, Thanks a lot!
We deeply apologize for any further delay if these 405nms need to be readjusted.

Every lasers' focusing route doesnot have to be exact the same. They dont have to be set at the aperture at default. Not every laser requires the user to turn the focusing mechanism to the end to get close to the focal point while it's okay as long as we find it.

The user is given the freedom to adjust it to find it. For example, when we burn things in 30cm's distance, we've got to find the focus at this distance; for 50cm or 5cm or 15cm or close to the aperture, we've got to locate the focal point at varying distances.

As i explained above, since the existing focus route is too long for PL-C 405s and the focal point of the 405nms i've personally tried again yesterday is close to the aperture. About 2 rounds(you donot even the copper color of the focusing route yet) just gets the focal point close to the aperture. So, as i turns around again, the focus would only be turned in(internally).

405/445nms are made out of 445 diodes and lens while 532nm is DPSSl, so their focusing are not the same and dont have to be the same.

Thanks!
Gray

Some other JETL PL-C photos.
On thr left is Matt's new 405/800

I do like that, I must say. :) :gj:

777! +1 on Hak and Gray for this, very very nice.. and to hopefully encourage others to take Len and Gray up on these GBs.

Last edited:
I think the photos speak for themselves.

DAMN buckeye! you got that right.

I sure was dragging ass today and now to get to sleep in a few as I get up at 4:30 to go to Dr appt. So here is something to chew on til I get more done-- I have no shipped any laser out to buyers OR back to Gray ATM.

I retested everything today to be sure I have it right. I consider it my duty as host to never ship out any laser or laser item that would dissapoint me if I were the recepient.

I took a series of pics today and to avoid any ideas that just like Gray, the hak is not being transparent and upfront.

So I have dwnlded to this album these test photos using Andrews(whodunit) PL-C 445/800 and a DTR Guidesman 445/900 )glass AixiZ 400-450 lens. Both have fresh 18650 matching batts new.

Start at the bottom of the photos and scroll up. They speak for them selves. My metering photos will be added asap- JETL-and DTR both ~900mWs.

From 1 inch the JETL has a focused grain of rice size and shape. Photo is bad . needed to filter next try.
BTW the other pics are Grays of the 405.

http://laserpointerforums.com/membe...-405nm-pl-c-test-shot-focused-unfocused-gray/

post questionsto me on this thread --wish me luck for my ultrasound Wed.

Will talk to you wed. eve Andrew.

Thanks Hak, Andrew, aryntha and everybody! You've been so sweet. :)
Yes, the pics speak for themselves, while my nonsensical point seems to be pretty vacant. But i did try to explain something as the future reference, just in case...

I would like to have those no-good lasers back and trace the focal point myself. Let's go ahead and do something. Hak has a higher work ethnic while i has a vacant mind. Actually my thinking was to let each guy receive the unit first and try and share the feedbacks that may vary. Then if it is asserted to be problem with focusing or beam profile(i honestly) think the focusing just varies but not all fail, we would like to have it returned and get the shipping reimbursed. It seems that nobody can afford to bother to wait that much now.

Since Hak believe it might disappoint everybody, let's move on. :yh:

With all explained in detail, i'm afraid the best we could do is to cut off the extra focusing route and get the focal point to a regular and fixed position and surely probably a lot more work need do to make it better.

I also attach some pics i took with the pl-c 405nm sample in my hand. It's easy to understand.
Hope it helps clear up any confusion.

Thanks again! I'm gonna sleep and dream a good night.

Attachments

• short-focusing-route.JPG
    short-focusing-route.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 84
  • that's it.jpg
    that's it.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 91
  • that's it-2.jpg
    that's it-2.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 87
  • that's it-3.jpg
    that's it-3.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 90
  • that's it-4.jpg
    that's it-4.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 92
  • turned-in-focus-lost!.jpg
    turned-in-focus-lost!.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Hak, thanks for taking the time to rigorously test those PL-Cs. Appreciate all your efforts. I understand that mine and others 405s will have to be sent back to JetL for adjustment. I'm ok with that. What's a little more wait anyway? I'm sure Gray will get them sorted out. How do the Ti pens look? Are those good to go?

DJNY

Compared to other GB around, these delays here are NOTHING.

I have a question about the focus though. I assume there's a collimating lens in front of the diode, then a second focus mechanism afterwards? If that's the case, can we not just adjust the collimating lens ourselves to fix the focus? Or is the focusing system adjusting the collimating lens already?

Hak, thanks for taking the time to rigorously test those PL-Cs. Appreciate all your efforts. I understand that mine and others 405s will have to be sent back to JetL for adjustment. I'm ok with that. What's a little more wait anyway? I'm sure Gray will get them sorted out. How do the Ti pens look? Are those good to go?

Hey Bobby thanks a lot for your kindness and patience. The ti laser pens are on the way coz we shipped the PL-Cs separately. Please prepare the 10440(rechargable AAA) for the end. A single one is enough. It takes seconds' warm-up. Thanks again!

DJNY said:
Compared to other GB around, these delays here are NOTHING.
Thanks Phi. It's been long and sure we dont want it to be a longer trial since all guys have been so understanding and Hak did so lot to help speed up the whole progress.

jedirock said:
I have a question about the focus though. I assume there's a collimating lens in front of the diode, then a second focus mechanism afterwards? If that's the case, can we not just adjust the collimating lens ourselves to fix the focus? Or is the focusing system adjusting the collimating lens already?
Yes. Right and there's the collimating lens in front of the diode. Then ahead comes the focus mechanism.

I think you can adjust a little to fix it or just be familiar with the relevant irregularity of the focusing part and used to it. You speak my mind. :)

Sure Hak hopes everything be well solved before the laser is delivered. :yabbem: After all, shipping it back and forth is a torment.

Last edited:
OCDHDC-ARTHNA-Rich Z-your PL-Cs are on the way --MY bad about the batts--they take two 16340s(3.7v) NOT ONE 18650. With all that power the get eaten up quite fast.3.0 v primarys do work but just barely.

sharroff- I need yr addy so I can ship you out.

fresh batts showed that yours was OK-- meter shot is in my album 779 mWs-- these PL-C 405/800 burn even faster than a 1 watt 445--so take great care and wear your eye protection.

@Jedi
I know how to focus a laser- it is NOT working correctly and AFAIK neither you nor me can fix this(DTR cannot so.....)

ATTENTION sharroff!

I have sent two PMs about you giving me your mailing addy and personal email addy. PLEASE comply today or you can wait on the ones going back and Jedirock gets yours.....sorry.
somebody needs to line up a bunch of balloons and see how quick you can pop them all.

OOOOOOOOOOO**:gun:< this way, not across- in a line.

OK-- today I bought some 3 v primary cr123 batts(not rechargeable) and the will make the 405/800 PL-C lase but it is only putting out 240mWs vs the 750 mWs from the 3.7v 16340s. I erred when I assumed that the 405 would be using 18650s and I posted this error several times. At one time that was the plan at JETL too but 18650s only make 3.6v and more volts was needed. I apoligize for this error . It was not intentional. Sorry for the inconvience. 16340 batteries can be gotten from battery Junction or Lighthound both ship quickly from the USA.

hak

This following is a copypasta from BatteryJunction.

18650 and 16340 batteries can be dangerous, so take care how and where you chargre them and your choice of chargers.

quote:

No express or implied guarantee of compatability with any device can be made. Please do your research and make sure that this battery is compatable with the item you intend to use with. For SureFire and other brands of incandescent(halogen, krypton, xenon, etc) flashlights we do not recommend these batteries unless you're using them in a manner consistent with the voltage requirements of your lamp. Charge only in a smart charger designed for 3.6V Lithium Ion batteries. Do not mix and match old and new, used and unused batteries. Do not dispose in a fire. Use special caution when working with Li-ion cells, they are very sensitive to charging characteristics and may explode or burn if mishandled. Make sure the user has enough knowledge of Li-Ion rechargeable batteries in charging, discharging and assembly before use. Always charge in/on a fire-proof surface. Never leave charging batteries unattended. We are not responsible for damage if there is any modification of the batteries/chargers in any form or shape (including pack making). We are not responsible for any damage caused by misuse or mishandling of Li-Ion batteries and chargers. We only recommend using Lithium Ion rechargeable batteries with a control circuit (protection PCB) to assure safe charge, discharge, etc, use of lithium ion batteries with a protection circuit is potentially hazardous.

these are good for the new PL-C 405s--

http://www.batteryjunction.com/uf16340.html

Last edited:
UPDATE!!
EDIT UPDATE..... JETLASERS and Gray have dropped the price of several Titanium Lasers-(BTW the only ones of thier Kind.) Each is now $20 less than the previous GB price AND all those(4) who are PATIENTLY awaiting thier Ti pens from GB#3 are getting a $20 rebate!!

This can be used to cover your shipping costs the balance left wii be re-paid to all via PP gift.
!!

UPDATE!!
EDIT UPDATE..... JETLASERS and Gray have dropped the price of several Titanium Lasers-(BTW the only ones of thier Kind.) Each is now $20 less than the previous GB price AND all those(4) who are PATIENTLY awaiting thier Ti pens from GB#3 are getting a $20 rebate!!

This can be used to cover your shipping costs the balance left wii be re-paid to all via PP gift.
!!

Will the prices for the PL-Cs in GB#4 be the same as they were in GB #3?

Hak, looks good - got mine, will update soon. Busy weekend and busy week, but have two 3.7v's charging; did try with 3.2s' and youre right, it needs the 3.7's. Not a problem, as I have a few of those.

Will update!

Jaxz

UPDATE!!

This can be used to cover your shipping costs the balance left wii be re-paid to all via PP gift. !!
sounds cool