Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Howdy from Chicago!

Hope everyone's doing well. Joined this forum because I bought a green 301 laser online and it came with no instructions. So far everyone has been very helpful which is much appreciated :> hopefully this laser will do the trick for pointing out stars when I go up north. Anyone have any helpful tips for a newbie laser owner? I'd be more than willing to hear you out :)

Gazen

Welcome

Tip:
Don’t shine it at planes or any eyes

Stay safe and enjoy your time here

Last edited:
Welcome to the LPF, ultimatum123. There are many knowledgeable people here who’ll be happy to listen and to help you whenever possible. If you have questions please use the Search button on each page for access to the forums extensive database. Our chief concern is about safety, so please remember to always protect yourself and others. Be sure to use proper vision protection and never point a laser at any living thing. Lasers are wonderful and interesting, but please always remember to be laser safe. Take Care.

Welcome to the LPF. Much of what you've asked is easy to find the answers to if you only search a little bit. I hope you will take this friendly advice as even children understand that moving a lens toward or away from an object alters its focus. Be safe and enjoy your stay here.

until you complete your profile other members reading one of your posts will have no clue where you are.
We have several great members up your way. Including ones that own meters and its a long standing tradition at LPF for members w/ LPMs to measure power for others at no charge. AND... should there be a 'meeting' you wont get invited.. these meets are awesome-- some last 3 or 4 days (search SELEM Laser)
'any LEM is a good LEM'

please do not buy again w/o asking our advice.

you can (after you have been here a while longer) place a WTB (want to buy) in our very active BS&T section-- some of us have lasers or gear we may sell IF we know you are looking..to discourage spammers-- new members cannot (at first) make a new thread in BS&T- giving you a rep bump for making a good intro..

I have a younger brother living in Oak Park
( are you a fan of Mark Twain?)
Richard Henzel (my younger bro) is a M.T. .reincarnation-- has done Twain live shows for a LONG time >500 times. search his name-- email him if you would like to see one of his shows locally (very likely free)He likes to meet my friends..

Len in TEXAS

OP has not even made a visit since this thread.... we may be wasting our time with help.