Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How did you all stumble upon lasers?

Trevor

If anyone says StumbleUpon I'm gonna scream. :p

As for me, KipKay -> Dragonlasers on Youtube -> long hiatus -> built a PHR labby! :D

-Trevor

jakeGT

stumbleupon is how I found out about astral projections and out of body experiences. I swear to lord i stumbledupon it the night after I think I had one, It was so real, then the next day I found something that explained my "dream" perfectly, and It was so wierd/real!

stumbleupon is how I found out about astral projections and out of body experiences. I swear to lord i stumbledupon it the night after I think I had one, It was so real, then the next day I found something that explained my "dream" perfectly, and It was so wierd/real!

HUH? :thinking:

Asherz

drugs are bad mmkay :drunk:

I stumbled upon lasers after looking for something to build on a weekend, didn't really want to buy a pointer and wandered if I could just build it for cheaper and that's when I came across the forum (and unfortunately Kipkay :p)

jakeGT

Two complete different things, errr well, it could have been drugs.

7th grade science class > bought a greenie > went downhill from there.

Long story short...

Youtube, Then I was hooked :beer:

Same here.
I saw some youtube videos of burning lasers in junior high, then I forgot about them until this year when I came across a video of a burning IR laser. This showed me related videos of other color burning lasers. I did more research on them and came across this site. :)

Last edited:

Plan B

I bought a green laser finder scope for my telescope. I really like the cool factor over a boring ol' telrad. After playing with it a bit on and off the scope I was hooked. Very soon 5mW just wasn't cutting it anymore and dpss was letting me down in the cold so I started hunting around for something new. I found this forum and became even more interested in all the different laser options out there. I have since bought way more lasers then I need.

Things

Saw a little 5mW red spiro at a disco around 7 years back, and I really wanted one myself. Picked up a little 1mW red pointer module, and a laser spiro kit from Jaycar and loved it. Then I found LPF and joined about 4 years ago, found green lasers on eBay, and it took off from there :p

Bought a Coherent 5mw he-ne and tripped the light fantastic. This was ages ago. I actually shined it down the street from a friends house and a car drove buy and pulled over because he saw a red lamp in his mirror and thought it was the police. :D

About 2 and a half years ago I saw a tutorial for a PHR in a dorcy Jr. on the site iHacked.

(I think it is still there...)

I thought that around $60 - $80 was way too much for a laser that could set things on fire. So, I waited for about a year plus a little, and finaly decided that I wanted to build that thing. One thing let to another as you all know and I have been addicted ever since.

I had extra points on a gpt site (getpaidto) so i used to to buy a 5mw green laser from ebay, i was amazed and wanted even stronger.

I have always been a Science Fiction nut, the first real laser I ever saw in the flesh was a HeNe with a rotating glass disk with what I remember to look like random bits of solder on it doing cool looking diffraction patterns on a screen. It was part of a holography exhibit in downtown Atlanta in the late 70's. I wanted that thing so bad, but it would be ~ 8 years after that until I owned my first laser.

SLPbum

I came from blowing out LEDs lights seeing how bright I can get them, tooo lasers..
Soon to be blowing out diodes doing the same..:eg:
I havent been here 2 months and look what I got already...:D
5153-toys.jpg

Addicted ?!? I'd say yes...