Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Finally Got My Dream Laser Diode Nichia NDA7175 478NM 1W

Also

Last edited:
Hi paul the laser is just to high value to mail it will cost to much to insure at the laser value.

Those beamshots are beautiful. The divergence looks so tame compared to the commonly available 465 alternative. Awesome diode

It looks great, but man I would be terrified to work with such an expensive diode, imagine the feeling if you manage to hook it up wrong and pop it.

A friend and I spent quite a bit of time several years ago experimenting with cameras trying to accurately capture the color of discharge lamps and it's just not possible in a lot of cases to get it right without doing some post-processing on the image. Lasers are the same way, cameras just don't respond the same way as human eyeballs.

I was nervous at putting the laser together I checked lots of times that everything is all perfect before I put the batteries in and yes cameras never capture the colour as it is in real time.