Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

diy RGY projector with usb dac

Mine works fine with all channels in windows 7, with the drivers that windows automagicly downloads. (Soundcard: Buy C-Media CM106 USB 2.0 External Sound Card Box with 7.1-Speaker SPDIF Optical Output , which has a CM6206-LX chipset)

About the linux part, i got a raspberry PI laying around that i want to experiment with (wireless control etc). And also a cheap android tablet i can use as a midi controller by WIFI (so i can control HE-laserscan for a liveshow).

Ok, so i didn't update the thread for a while, but the projector is finished :)

Pictures:
Testing the lasers & galvos.
IMG_2210_595.jpg

Inside of the case (testing) :
IMG_2229_595.jpg

Front view of the case:
IMG_2238_595.jpg

Rear view of the case:
The ilda connector already built in and a test setup of my audio dac connected:
IMG_2240_595.jpg

(The potentiometers are for adjusting the strength of each color, to get a good white balance)

Testing some beams with the audio dac:
2j2ypvc.jpg

And the projector in action in a club! (With Quickshow)
The pictures are a bit bad... but it's really hard to take good pictures of a laser with a camera phone.

Beams!
9awvu0.jpg

Projecting images onto a LED-pillar.
fnalk.jpg

2ekn2m8.jpg

Beams, seen from the outside.
343n6a8.jpg

(The beams were also clearly visible in the club across the street :D )

Small rainbow wave.
50s7iq.jpg

HE-laserscan just didn't work for me with the audio dac.. i had some major issues (circles not being circles, green blanking delays, color swapping).
So i decided to borrow quickshow, and it worked perfectly. No problems whatsoever :)
The galvo's are only 20k though, so bigger art flickered a bit when i projected it.

This one is going out for rent the next 6 months, and in the meantime i will start building 1 or 2 new projectors with better galvos :)
Tips for improving the quality of the laser, or aditional features are more than welcome!

Last edited: