Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Deal or Scam for a 515-520nm Green

I dont think these are the same 520 diodes as dtr. Laserbtb also has different 515 and 520 diodes in different price classes.

I think that if they could of get 50mW out of it. They would do it :)

Greetings!

Who knows... could also be freak diodes that they aren't realizing are rare wavelength diodes

@r4mn33k: You *will* be able to tell the difference. 532nm looks very yellowish near my 520nm - the direct diode color is way nicer IMHO. The visible difference is bigger than 635nm to 650nm and most people can perceive that.

Not to mention this one is probably using the lower wavelength 515nm/30mW diode.

If I wasn't on the verge of spending a crapload of money on the CNI GB I'd get one hoping it's a low WL.

Edit: a raffle to see if we can pot-mod one of these would be cool. ARG, where are you?

Last edited:
I just talked to the seller, pretending to not know anything, I asked that why is this more expensive than other green lasers and the answer I got was that the 532nm are dpss and take time to heat up and do not opperate at a large range of temperatures as this one. And I was told that this is a green diode and not using a 808nm diode. As far as I know even the cheapest green diode is more than $80 and this is a full laser. Also it doesnt seem the seller would be lying and selling a dpss at this price. Left with the option that there is a green diode in the laser. Now what I asked and didnt get an answer was about the current it is running at. If I can get that and the current and power output can be compared to the 520nm diodes here and see if it matches. Also I am selling a couple lasers and once those sell I will just go ahead ad buy this and see what happens.

EDIT: Also found out that the seller claims the diode to be:Wavelength 515nm-520nm Made in Germany OSRAM LD

Last edited:
Wow so ~$80 for a 515nm laser? That's a good deal to me... might have to jump on this one

DTR

I dont think these are the same 520 diodes as dtr. Laserbtb also has different 515 and 520 diodes in different price classes.

I think that if they could of get 50mW out of it. They would do it :)

Greetings!

They are not. There are several lower power ones out there. I carry the 50mW version which is the most powerful one available to us right now but I am also aware of 20mW, 10mW and 5mW diodes that are available as well.

Do you know if the wavelengths are actually different on the diodes labelled 515 and he ones labeled 520?

DTR

The datasheet they provide gives a minimum of 510nm and a max of 530nm.