Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Broken 5w. Need help or someone to repair.

PSantangelo

I purchased a 5 watt a few years ago from an online store. The day I received it I charged it and turned it on. It worked for about 5 seconds and cut off. Went round and round with them and pay pal but lost the battle. Not sure of problem but if anyone knows somewhere I can send it or what diode may be used in it so I can attempt the repair. That's if I can figure out how the have the diode installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's a lot of money sitting waisted. Just want it fixed.

PSantangelo

It was purchased from Wild Laser online. It's at my shop or I would include actual photo. But the photo I sent is exact same. As I said, It's only worked at best approx. 4 too 5 seconds and shut off and would not do anything after. Been sitting a few years now. If there's anywhere I can send it or help too repair it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230226-080306.png
    Screenshot_20230226-080306.png
    576.2 KB · Views: 6
It was purchased from Wild Laser online. It's at my shop or I would include actual photo. But the photo I sent is exact same. As I said, It's only worked at best approx. 4 too 5 seconds and shut off and would not do anything after. Been sitting a few years now. If there's anywhere I can send it or help too repair it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Hi,
Those Chinese lasers are glued together and hard to disassemble . Maybe someone would like to tackle the repair.
Rich:)