Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

BDR-209DBK i have problem with this driver?

ill sure build one of those in the future :) for now i aimed on a nd7875 build and this one.

100-150 isnt that bad if i find one with closer to 100-120 i can buy it soon like a month at worst.where are you looking for for those?i searched on ebay and i was completery lost from all those "not working" bad descriptions etc

ill sure build one of those in the future :) for now i aimed on a nd7875 build and this one.

100-150 isnt that bad if i find one with closer to 100-120 i can buy it soon like a month at worst.where are you looking for for those?i searched on ebay and i was completery lost from all those "not working" bad descriptions etc

search laser bee laser power meter
-Danny

Last edited:

Pman

I realize the big thing now is power but in my opinion people should really be looking at the 465nm and pushing it into the 470nm zone. It will still do 5W+ but will also give a really bright beautiful blue. I still haven't made any 445/450 over about 3.4W as the 465nm is the real high powered gem until I see something into the 10W 445/450nm range. In general it looks like you would need 8.6W of 445nm to equal a 5W 470nm output in brightness and over 10W for the dot. Choice depends on whether you are more into which color, brightness and burning.
Regardless, the key is to buy what you like and not what others like. In general the older you get the less you care about what anyone else thinks.

Last edited:
I realize the big thing now is power but in my opinion people should really be looking at the 465nm and pushing it into the 470nm zone. It will still do 5W+ but will also give a really bright beautiful blue. I still haven't made any 445/450 over about 3.4W as the 465nm is the real high powered gem until I see something into the 10W 445/450nm range. In general it looks like you would need 8.6W of 445nm to equal a 5W 470nm output in brightness and over 10W for the dot. Choice depends on whether you are more into which color, brightness and burning.
Regardless, the key is to buy what you like and not what others like. In general the older you get the less you care about what anyone else thinks.
from what i have seen and read on the internet i think you are right but i consider those diodes alitle expensive for now. this is a good question nubm44 or a 465nm diode? i ll have to think alot about it when the time comes to make one of those big builds

Last edited: