Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

"Batter Up" Baseball Bat style host

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hey guys, I thought I'd share a rather unique baseball bat style flashlight (host) that came to me in an Email from "Northern Tool & Equipment".
It's a big boy at over 16" (406mm) long; it's even advertised as a "self defense" flashlight. It is listed as being on sale now for $24.99, regularly $29.99.
I think it looks pretty good as is, but with some creative anodizing, or powder coating, this could be made to look like a real wooden bat. Not to mention, it looks as if it has some real potential for serious heatsinking! :D

1h4uMzP.jpg

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks sinner,:) I remember seeing that thread, and being impressed with jander's quality build.
I only posted this because someone may want to do something similar to that. This light also seems to have a slightly different style, shaped more like an actual bat, and not so much like a baton. I'm half tempted to pick one up myself.

Last edited:

sinner

oh definitely, its has a lot of potential :D I was on the fence whether or not to get one but i convinced myself having no use for it. :shhh:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Yep, you're correct, not real practical, but definitely a conversation piece.

I have that light and it's little brother with a m140 diode running about 1.2A and copper heatsink

IMAG0648_zpsminubc4w.jpg

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hey jander, how's the overall build quality of these lights?

As a flashlight so so, they have a plastic reflector and a xp-g2 led as a bat you could kill someone for sure. My plan for the bigger one was a TEC cooled 3.5W 445nm but I'm stuck with batt. configuration and I really want a AR-15:san: so much for both with Christmas around the corner.