Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Advice: would like to get a stupid bright (~200mw) green laser, maybe not pay too much

MapsAndLegends

Hey, I've been away from here for a while, thought I'd pop in and ask for advice. I'm not super knowledgeable or anything, just a guy who's maybe bought more ebay lasers than is good for him a few years back. :)

So my fun-to-play-with laser has been a Thor blue laser, of approximately 1.2 watts (got it off of Ebay and the seller cagily showed you a photo of the laser shining on a power meter, rather than put the power in the description.... so subtle!). By far the most powerful thing I've ever used.

It just died. Too much time being carried around in my bag I guess. Or it just plain died.

Anyway I'd like to get a new one, I think I'd like to go brightness over power this time. Looking at the frequency/brightness comparison tool, it looks like a 200mw green should blow that 1.2w blue out of the water, brightness-wise.

Is there anywhere I could get something like that for under $100? If not under $100, what should I expect to pay? Laserpointerstore.com seems to have some very good deals, are they reliable? I know sanwu and jet are reliable. They're both more expensive, esp. jet, whcih doesn't seem to carry anything under about $150 or so.

Looks like I could grab a sanwu pocket series, 150mw, 532nm green, maybe that would be good? I kind of have in my head that I want something that would just crush the blue laser in brightness, which is why I was thinking 200mw.

Also, one thing that I like doing is trying to hit far away objects (on the ground, not in the air!). If I have a green laser that's "as bright as" a blue laser, is it also going to be capable of producing a visible dot at a comparable distance?

Thanks much for any help. I hope this is an OK forum to post this, if not please let me know where I should post (another forum? A thread?)

andresdelosreyes77

Hey buddy, I have bought from laserpointerstore, no problems with them.
I own a thor h2 3w blue and a 303 green laser, I recommend it, it is cheap and battery lasts forever, I find it a quite reliable laser.
If not, you could buy a Sanwu pocket as you said, but I dont own any so I cannot recommend it.