Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

660nm to 638nm rebuild

My 660nm laser broke down so i decided to rebuild it into a more powerfull 638nm laser.

link: https://youtu.be/J5Hvonmgfoc

Diode used was a Oclaro 700mw @ 1.14A.
I dont have a LMP but im guessing it puts out about 900mW

I hope you like the video!

Thanks for watching!

PS: The video is blocked in Germany because of copyrighted music :(
Im sorry!

Last edited:

Hi D,
Watching the vid was like i was on a 30 cup coffee kick, a little unorthodox but cool build and it works to funny well done Pal..

Rich:)

I just purchased the mits500 from DTR yesterday so finally I can start that c6 build.
And geez where did you find this song lol!! Cool video though.

Last edited:
I know this is a little off topic, but I got my LPC-840 from esistotem today and it is obviously an LPC-836. I'm pissed because I won it on a bid for $7.19 and now I see they didn't send me the right diode and probably thought I wouldn't notice the difference. It's my first purchase from them and I am not impressed.

I know this is a little off topic, but I got my LPC-840 from esistotem today and it is obviously an LPC-836. I'm pissed because I won it on a bid for $7.19 and now I see they didn't send me the right diode and probably thought I wouldn't notice the difference. It's my first purchase from them and I am not impressed.

Sorry to hear thst Paul,
Definitely message them, they usually reply pretty quickly to my messages

Yeah, I took photos of it and sent a dispute earlier today. I still want the diode I paid for, but might have to settle for a refund. :(

Yeah, I took photos of it and sent a dispute earlier today. I still want the diode I paid for, but might have to settle for a refund. :(

I have an 840 that will be here tomorrow or fri, May send you a pic to verify it for me

Last edited:
It's easy to tell the difference. They both have a Mitsubishi logo on the pin side of the diode, but the 840 is much larger than the 836. If you look them up in a Techood listing, they will show you a comparison.

sucks to hear that! arent the lpc-836 and lpc-840 almost the same? i think is read some thread about the 840 not being much more performant then the 836.

Pman

Cool vid and it works:) Good for you and good for us for the vid. I have built a stupid number of lasers and yet haven't a clue how to do a vid lol.
I'm really curious why bother with either the 836 or 840 when the 826 is already so good. My understanding is the 836 was actually a step backwards from the 826 and the 840 is maybe the same as the 826. Sorry for us hijacking the thread a bit but I'm really curious of what the draw is for an 840 unless it has better heat sinking. I'll have to take a look at one but the rest of you feel free to educate me.
Hmmm, looking at ebay it says 400-500mW. Has anyone actually run one class 4?

Last edited: