Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

565nm From LaserLandAustralia

I get that......now that I have a yellow myself. It hasn't been off my bench since I got it. My daughter came bvy for a few hours today and that was the first thing I showed her.

I must say, though, the virtually unlimited run time of it in the lab host is better than having to worry about running it too hot. I just don't see me putting it into a handheld for that reason alone.

Last edited:

Doesn't have to be a flashlight host to be handheld. You can use the "labby" head, a smaller driver and a battery holder. That's what I'll most likely do with mine.

kecked

The 565nm I got is huge. Are the insides much smaller than the housing? Looks like a CNI housing.

kecked

Well the 565 needs the heatsink of that cni box. Those drivers run supper supper hot. The 565 never even warms to the touch. The 575 drivers are done for. Adding the laserwinkle driver this weekend and can then run it off 5v. That will really cool it down.

kecked

No. The 565nm works well and stays cool. The 575nm driver not in the housing incinerated.

Where did you get the 575nm driver that "incinerated"? I have one from OPT Laser and with heat sinking the output transistor and the IC next to it, I was even able to increase the pump current with no loss in functionality. Since there are two sources of these, it is necessary to ask. The drivers aren't the same.

kecked

These came from australialaserland. I have not received the other ones yet

I would contact that seller and ask that he provide you a new driver. It is his responsibility to provide you with a working laser. Especially considering the price he asks for these.

Has there been a picture posted of the driver component which failed I can see? I'm looking, not finding. If there is one, I want to identify which part that is, maybe I can heat sink it better?

It came from Australia, so I don't have that driver. I know that I heat sinked the output transistor and the IC next to it on mine. I increased the pump diode current and it has what seems to be an unlimited run time. I only ran it continuously for 10 minutes. But, it ran fine during that time and the current remained constant at 500 mA at 12 volts into the driver. I see no reason to change anything on my driver. Wish I could tell you about the one that failed.

Don’t say thanks. Let me the first who ripped this thing off. It took me 30 mins to get in lol.
Id28sy.jpg

BmKshp.jpg

:drool:

If you can take a closeup of what's inside the cut out below the lens I'm sure many would like that.