Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

473nm Blue Laser

Hi all, it’s been about 7 years since I’ve been on the forum and was delighted to find nothing has changed at all, it’s rather unfortunate how the laser game has changed over the years, however … 2009 was really the time. I was just posting this to see if there’s anyway to get my hands on a 473nm laser pointer? That color blue has been a favorite and that number, whatever the reason is, is just a really cool number and have used that number a lot in my life in regards to work and other professional projects. I have yet to own one and would really want one, even though I’m sure they're harder than ever to come by nowadays. Can anyone point me in any directions?

-Derek

Are you specifically looking for dpss 473nm or just 470nm-490nm?

DPSS 473nm I would imagine would be difficult to find.
There was a very small batch of 475nm diodes, but it would also be hard to find one and might be as much cost as DPSS.
Obviously a 488nm diode is going to be the easiest and cheapest option.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
CNI/Dragon lasers is now the best best for getting hold of a 473nm dpss module for inserting into a host. Jetlasers used to be the place to go for 473’s years ago. If you want that wavelength in diode form then expect to pay a lot.

farbe2

I still have some 473nm 25mW single mode diodes left.
They are way cheaper than DPSS while providing almost the same beam quality and wavelength.
Drop me a PN if you want.

Are you specifically looking for dpss 473nm or just 470nm-490nm?

DPSS 473nm I would imagine would be difficult to find.
There was a very small batch of 475nm diodes, but it would also be hard to find one and might be as much cost as DPSS.
Obviously a 488nm diode is going to be the easiest and cheapest option.
I’m looking for the dpss 473nm — the real deal.

I still have some 473nm 25mW single mode diodes left.
They are way cheaper than DPSS while providing almost the same beam quality and wavelength.
Drop me a PN if you want.
Are they housed ? Or are they just the diodes? Anyway I can see if video of them specifically?

CNI/Dragon lasers is now the best best for getting hold of a 473nm dpss module for inserting into a host. Jetlasers used to be the place to go for 473’s years ago. If you want that wavelength in diode form then expect to pay a lot.i

How difficult would that be? I thought about it, but I feel as though it’s a more technical task to accomplish, any tutorial videos on this practice ?

NUBM07 diodes get up there when way over-driven... they probably won't last very long but they certainly change color noticeably.