Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Astral Driver - Buck, Boost, & Buck-Boost

I know. I saw the listing. Ebay is always more expensive than buying something directly. I don't know the exchange rate, but I paid $14.90USD for the ones I bought, I think. I buy so many things, it is difficult to remember exactly what I paid for something months ago.

Paul, I misread your previous post.

With conversion $20CAD works out to roughly $15US so I guess it’s the same on eBay as here.
I originally contacted Astralist through PM and was directed to his eBay listing.
Not sure why he wouldn’t sell them here?

I suspect astralist is not where he can sell the drivers himself. I paid the $6.00 shipping fee initially when I first order these drivers, but they came to a postal clearing house ten miles away and sat there for a week until they sent them all the way back to Indonesia. I had contacted my post office and opened a claim with the postmaster general to get them to come to my address. To no avail. It put me in an awful position as I ordered them a month before I would need them. Astralist sent them back out to me after I contacted him and explained what happened. It made no sense as he got the package back with my address still on it.

Hi All,
Thread updated! see the First Post (after ~5 years abandoned 😭)

Many things happened, see this -> https://laserpointerforums.com/threads/a-long-overdue-update-and-apology.111400/

Anyway, I might need to create a new thread containing a poll regarding which driver is the most needed one to be manufactured.
If there are any questions, I'll be happy to answer.

P.S: Approx on May 20, the sample driver will arrive to me. After that, I will characterize and finalize the datasheet of each driver.

I asked this question in your other post, but thought I'd also ask here as well. Do you have a link to your Hyperion app? I lost it when my old laptop died and haven't been able to get it back. Thank you.

i'd personally like a boost driver that can output around 5 amps
The AOV1070RBB-ADJ could output around 5A when boosting (and around 7A when bucking).
The sample driver will arrive today. I will test & update the information/datasheet once I get them.

I asked this question in your other post, but thought I'd also ask here as well. Do you have a link to your Hyperion app? I lost it when my old laptop died and haven't been able to get it back. Thank you.

Yeah, Paul, it's in my signature
Vritonuzz data logging software for Hyperion Laser Power Meter (download v1.3.0.162 here)
Please let me know if you have trouble installing/configuring it.
I just installed the program on my Windows 11 laptop and I'm able to open it without a problem

The AOV1070RBB-ADJ could output around 5A when boosting (and around 7A when bucking).
The sample driver will arrive today. I will test & update the information/datasheet once I get them.

Yeah, Paul, it's in my signature
Vritonuzz data logging software for Hyperion Laser Power Meter (download v1.3.0.162 here)
Please let me know if you have trouble installing/configuring it.
I just installed the program on my Windows 11 laptop and I'm able to open it without a problem

Thanks Pradipta. I actually found it and uploaded it, but can't seem to find the data logging software now that I did. Haven't yet looked after I remove my google accounts. Might be there after I do.

Nope. I looked after exiting google and can't find it anywhere. I'm using a dell laptop with Windows 10.

Could you please elucidate for me what did you mean by "exiting Google" and "removing my Google accounts"?
I am confused because downloading and installing the software does not require us to touch a Google account at all.

Last edited:
Sure. I have software off to the left after I exit Google. Thought it might be there. It wasn't.