Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

How to Register on LPF | LPF Donations

Recent content by Therion

  1. Therion

    Omnichrome 643 / some issues

    Hello I didnt give up yet, though I was quite preoccupied during holidays. Finally I got the original Melles Griot cable from someone, I'll check out in the evening, if the results are different. Thanks for the useful information LSRFAQ. Anyone knows what he means, I dont know what forum PL is?
  2. Therion

    Omnichrome 643 / some issues

    Hi, it's me again... ;) Im ongoing tinkering with my precious laser... I ruled out the ignition issue, by setting the Melles Griot test board to current control (rather than light control). It might be that either the cable or the PSU is not 100% compatible with the Omnichrome. I also began...
  3. Therion

    Omnichrome 643 / some issues

    Cant say that the output was very high, though atm. I dont have a good power meter at hand (I'll get a new one in a couple of days)... it seemed usual to me. The PSU has an adjust knob for this, of course I've used the lowest possible state. Excuse me, how so? Inside the PSU or at the...
  4. Therion

    Omnichrome 643 / some issues

    I didnt run it that long, just a couple of seconds. Anyways I want to tell about my progress so far - first I've been in touch with two people on an german forum. www.LaserFreak.net ? Thema anzeigen - Omnichrome 643 in Betriebnahme I hope it is okay if I post the link here, it's an german board...
  5. Therion

    Omnichrome 643 / some issues

    Hi Thanks for the response, I can actually tell that I can get two different things going on here. I've no remote control, but the original test board from Melles Griot (so I dont have to short any pins manually). In normal mode the situation above happens, the dot I can see is clearly yellow...
  6. Therion

    Omnichrome 643 / some issues

    Hello forum this is my very first post here, I've been reading since a couple of month's here however. As mentioned I've an Omnichrome 643 Ar/Kr Gaslaser (which should be equivalent to the Melles Griot 643 one). I also posses (since today) a suiting power supply (Melles Griot too), it is for...


Back
Top