Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

How to Register on LPF | LPF Donations

Recent content by iamonk

  1. I

    Don't watch if ya have a weak stomach

    YEAH... I personally would like to know how one gets sooo many maggots in one's nose!!! As far as the zit.... I don't know, I kinda felt a bit of relief just watching it. That's a lot of puss!
  2. I

    LPC-815 not what I expected...

    Ok, got a little impatient and blew another diode. They go pretty quick at 12V. What I did find is that this one lasted about 10min constant running at @600ma unsinked. I had an AIXIS plastic lens in it at the time, and it got a bit melted inside. I think my testing is done for now, only have...
  3. I

    LPC-815 not what I expected...

    I guess the best way to learn is to try and fail. I believe voltage was the problem. At first I went with 2 cr123's, no good. Then I shelled aout for a pair of 3.6V's. Still not enough current. I built a DDL driver, double and triple checked everything, but still lacked power. At 7.2V I figured...
  4. I

    LPC-815 not what I expected...

    If it comes down to an issue of heat, a pelt and decent heatsink should do fine. From what i saw 600ma in would work nice I think. With the CNC, I have more options than if I were building a pointer. I have a 1W IR coming, and am curious to see what that will do. In the mean time, these...
  5. I

    LPC-815 not what I expected...

    Thanks guys for the responses, the batts are drained a little, and from what I'm reading are a little on the light side. 2X 3.6V seems more like what I want. I am using the glass lens, but the difference isn't noticable at this point. I just got another diode set up in a module, and if it...
  6. I

    LPC-815 not what I expected...

    Yep, bad idea to fire up a cold laser. It was going to die anyway, but should have warmed it up a bit. It's demise was uneventful, I didn't even get the chance to see it for more than a second. Oh well, 2 more to go. Got an IR coming as well. Maybe I'll try burning out a Bluray.
  7. I

    LPC-815 not what I expected...

    I was originally gonna go Bluray, but for the price, I didn't want them to be my first. I did run some tests and came up with some interesting results. Since I have 2 more LOC's, I decided to go all out and see what I could get out of this one. I took the driver out of the picture...wired my...
  8. I

    LPC-815 not what I expected...

    First off, complete newbie here, but have been reading threads for a couple of weeks. I bought an LPC-815, a rkcstr drive, Aixis module w/ glass lens, and 2 cr123 lithiums. Got em powered up and I'm less than impressed by what I have been reading. I can burn, well more like etch electrical tape...


Back
Top