Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Red Vs. Green

What laser would be better, 100mw or 150mw red http://wickedlasers.com/products.php?content=red or a 35mw green http://wickedlasers.com/products.php?content=basic ? I will mainly be using it for astronomy so visibility at night is most important to me but I'm sure I could have some fun with the ability to burn things. How does the the beam at night of the 35mw green compare with the 100 or 150mw red? I know green is much more visible but is the 115mw power difference enough to make the red stronger?

Thanks

I'm also considering a 55mw green but I'm not sure if the difference between the 35 and the 55 would be worth the extra $50. Is there much of a visibility difference between the 35 and the 55? Does the 55mw have any burning power?

NairB

I personally would go for the 55mW as you might get a little burning ability and is the maximum recommended for astronomy ;)

The beam on the 55 would look a little more solid than the 35mW but no grat difference :eek:

T

timelord

I'd get both then you won't have to choose :cool: :cool:

Attachments

• Photo23.jpg
    Photo23.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 520
I ordered the 55mw green and it should arrive in 2-4 days. :) What would be the best rechargeable batteries for this? I don't want anything that could shorten its life.

S

SenKat

asdfghjkl said:
I ordered the 55mw green and it should arrive in 2-4 days. :)  What would be the best rechargeable batteries for this?  I don't want anything that could shorten its life.  

Not sure if you are Stateside or not - but SAM's club sells a AA and AAA Energizer with chargers for around $25.00...8 AA, and 4 AAA included, I think... Wal-Mart has it as well - even has one with a 15 minute FAST charger with built in fan to keep the batts cool while charging....pretty awesome. ALL Ni-MH type. They sell multiple mili-amperages - so go with the highest value, for extended life.