Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pi R Squared - Not forgotten.

That's so sad, was he i'll?:(

He had hydrocephalus I think. He had Shunts in his head to drain excess fluid from the brain ever since I knew him which was my whole life. A few weeks ago we were going to visit the Aston Martin showroom near me to check out the new Vantage but he felt ill so rang up to say he wouldn't be going. The doctors gave him some antibiotics but they didn't help by the looks of it. We don't know exactly what happened yet but will be finding out soon hopefully but I am guessing it will be something to do with this.

I think it best we pray for him rather than recite our collective eulogy. Where there is life there is hope. People can have all sorts of serious maladies and go through difficult periods but manage to hang in there. We should pray that it is so with him, that whatever bump in the road he is facing, he will come out the other side. If anyone knows how to contact him that would be helpful. We could then send him our words of support.

Reactions: GSS

Encap

Pi R Squared's last post was on July 30 2016 and he summarized as follows:
I should have posted this months ago. I waited too long, now I can hardly do anything, I can't think for long so I'll make this short, it is seldome I can sleep 20 minutes at a time. I was afraid to sleep last night. I feel my life slipping away fast, I'll try to come back and say more later.

I wanted to talk about some last requests I would have. I also had some plans for new threads but I won't get to them.

It looks like I won't be building my final laser, it would have been a 462nm.

Please don't ask any questions, I won't be answering them.

I am sick and tired of people telling me to get well soon, I better not hear it again!:yabbmad::yabbmad::yabbmad::yabbmad::yabbmad::yabbmad::yabbmad:

I am also sick of you rich people that don't have to worry about paying for medical care saying stupid things and suggesting stupid things that would instantly ruin a person's life forever. That's all for now, I don't know if I'll be back.

Alan

Those are the final and last words on LPF from the horses mouth.

I take his post for what it is, at face value.

Last edited:
People with serious chronic illness, especially when they involve pain or sleep loss, more like sleep deprivation, can have a very difficult time relating to others. They may become impatient. They become angry. I have seen this both personally and professionally. There was a cardiologist, had been one of my professors...he became a friend. He was a people person. Drove his wife who at times was his office manager up a wall because he liked to talk to patients. He developed a terminal illness. Now, this was a guy I had gotten pretty close to. When he found out, he did not want to talk to anyone. None of us will ever know what it is like to be in that place unless we go there our selves.