Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser rifle V.2

Photon Master

Ya I’m not as clever as you guys. I’ll just live vicariously watching these videos :)

Totally agree on the safety. I’d keep something like that locked in my gun safe when not in use.

I have a 1 watt 808 nm laser. It's not all that invisible. It's actually a deep red color.

Photon Master

Nice! Where did you buy it? I’ve been looking for one for ages but I don’t think Sanwu sells them.

Nice! Where did you buy it? I’ve been looking for one for ages but I don’t think Sanwu sells them.
As far as I know you can't buy one. I bought a higher power 808 nm diode and built mine several years ago. That is the only way I know of to get one.

julianthedragon

They sell 1W and higher 808nm lasers at jetlasers

I have a 1.1W 1064nm from them, it's very nice for high power near-TEM00 output in a handheld. Safety is very important, I always have OD7 goggles on my face before I even load the battery and use an IR indicator card at all times to make sure it is in fact off when I think it is. There are also indicator lights on the laser body for the same purpose, and a master on/off switch on the tailcap (both key lock and push button versions available)

Photon Master

I have a project I’ve been contemplating that would require a high powered blue laser diode or even better one of those 95 watt arrays.

To preface this, I’m not trying to build a laser weapon or walk around lighting stuff on fire.

Wait for it…

An LEP searchlight. I have half a dozen “white laser” LEP flashlights and I’m sure they have low powered blue diodes.

Imagine an LEP powered by 95 watts of beautiful blue photons.

Giannis_TDM

I have a project I’ve been contemplating that would require a high powered blue laser diode or even better one of those 95 watt arrays.

To preface this, I’m not trying to build a laser weapon or walk around lighting stuff on fire.

Wait for it…

An LEP searchlight. I have half a dozen “white laser” LEP flashlights and I’m sure they have low powered blue diodes.

Imagine an LEP powered by 95 watts of beautiful blue photons.
Usually LEP flashlights are powered by 2-5w blue diodes.