Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Protractor and Parallel helper

OEM

Problem part a) I do a bunch of model making and often I need to check if something is square or parallel and the space is too small to get a ruler into. Im wondering if you could use two line lasers mounted side by side, or even one with a grid diffusion grid? I don't need it to be super accurate, just better than trying to guess by eye. I realise that I would have to ensure that I would need to be careful that I was coming in at right angles to what I am measuring. Are there any mounts that would let me tilt two line lasers away from each other so that I can adjust the gap between two lines. Also ive seen diffusers with parallel lines are they good? Just wondering how square the grid and line lenses stay?

Part b) after I had the idea of two line lasers, i realised you could probably make a sort of laser protractor, where you could turn one of the lasers axially , giving you the angle you want to match. I would probably need to make a special twisting mount with gradations or does something like this exist?

Finally. This only needs to go maybe 50 cm but I would like the lines to be crisp, clear and reasonably thin. Any tips on what sort of hardware I should consider?

Thx

They sell X/Y laser line units for contractors.
You could probably find a cheap one on
AliExpress or elsewhere.. Or you could 3D
print a holder. You can use a Cat Toy Laser
with a Glass Stir stick as the line lens.

Jerry