Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

JLasers green laser

The only company I know making 505nm diodes is Sharp and they are all single mode laser diodes so the beam will have the usual slightly oval profile with a nice tight projected spot.

Ante

The beam is extremely tight and concentrated :)
Very good for star-gazing!
Can't believe the owner replied🙈. Most likely gonna purchase this model in a week or two. But im still eyeballing the 488nm. Since on a reddit post you made some time ago and said that they are pretty similar.

The 488 nm Sharp diodes are far more blue looking than their 505 nm diodes which look much more green. I have both and one that measures 502 nm and even that looks more green. Both are single mode diodes so their divergence and beam profiles are similar.

Ante

The 488 nm Sharp diodes are far more blue looking than their 505 nm diodes which look much more green. I have both and one that measures 502 nm and even that looks more green. Both are single mode diodes so their divergence and beam profiles are similar.
Thanks for the reply👍. Then it just falls in which color laser i wanna get. Probably gonna go for the 505nm.