Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

hello Lumia!

Greetings LPF!

I recently rebuilt my home studio after a few years of hibernation & being busy for too long. Upon finishing this I decided to incorporate my old lumia setup (thanks hakzaw!!) to project where I was going to put some influential artwork.

I thought of sharing a snippet of what this looks like & to hear anyone's input or criticism, ideas always contribute. Have a look & tell me what you think :)

:beer:

Last edited:

BobMc

That was really impressive! Thanks for sharing. (Makes a man scratch he head and wonder if he could??? ) Very nice :drool:

Nice.... I like what you did.
I bought a few slow motors to try this myself.
Thanks for bumping the brain...;)

Jerry

Thanks!

Yes I'm big on the slow motors compared to the faster ones I have Jerry, using a 4RPH motor in this one and I find this speed & similar RPH ideal because you can really concentrate & appreciate more detail before whatever you're seeing morphs into something else ;)

Last edited:
Wow, that's crazy awesome. What's used to make that kind of effect?

I have a cheapy RGB projector (green burnt out, using a separate module mounted above RGB) shining through a translucent lightbulb on a very slow rotating motor. All 3 beams are constanst, solid lines - no patterns

20161213_183413.jpg

20161213_183552.jpg

Last edited:
Yes...Very Nice indeed !!! And a big yes to very, very slow rotation !!!

I have taken it down to about 2 RPH.....and that is good too !!! At 1RPH...it is just too S L O W !! There is a RPH speed sweet spot....but...it depends !!

As some of you may remember....I am working on a Special Lumia machine....which is " linked " with Audio input. See the item in my sig...." Solar Prominence III".

Well...work on the "Solar Prominence III " has finally resumed !!

Now...if one is displaying Lumia...which is linked to audio content....To me...the RPH speed needs to somewhat match the music being played !!

I would say...that somewhere between 2 RPH to 10 RPH is where one needs to be.

Thanx for the share !! Nice horizontal elongated display !!!

CDBEAM

I have a cheapy RGB projector (green burnt out, using a separate module mounted above RGB) shining through a translucent lightbulb on a very slow rotating motor. All 3 beams are constanst, solid lines - no patterns

Thank you! I'll have to check out how they interact with lasers if I can find one of those bulbs, should be a fun little experiment! :yh: