Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Ontario!

MMcCubbing

Good day, all!

I'm a new member from Ontario, Canada that is diving in with a DIY laser CNC machine. I have limited knowledge of electronics and mechanics and no history with optics. I do have a little bit of a background with computer programming but for the most part, this has been a case of me diving off the deep end of the pool. I love diving in with new hobbies because I love how it engages my brain and challenges me to push myself in learning new things and testing my capabilities.

That said, I have been taking every precaution to learn about all of the potential dangers with lasers before purchasing one and made sure my first order was a pair of OD 6 safety glasses from techhood before I bought the diode from DTR. Safety is always top of my mind as my anxious brain wouldn't allow anything else. :ROFLMAO:

I have been building a Lowrider from V1 Engineering (the folks behind the MPCNC) and I decided to start with a laser on it instead of a router because my fiance didn't want the noise of a router until we have a property with a workshop separate from the house. The machine itself is up and running and I can already attach a pen to it to get it to draw pictures. Our province is in a lockdown right now from COVID and I am hoping that I can maybe get the laser going while I'm stuck at home not working.

Hoping you're all staying safe & healthy!