Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DX Greenie Optics

Hey Folks,
Does anybody know what kind of optics DX uses for their green lasers, glass or plastic? I had a dead DX Greenie, so i took out the lens (along with the nut), and it fits into an Aixiz Module!! So if it is clear glass, there could be a pretty big power increase in red and blu-ray lasers...

diachi

I believe its plastic , well except some of the romisens, they have AR coated lenses for 532nm ... I think ....

Diachi

JLSE

Spyderz20x6 said:
Hey Folks,
Does anybody know what kind of optics DX uses for their green lasers, glass or plastic? I had a dead DX Greenie, so i took out the lens (along with the nut), and it fits into an Aixiz Module!! So if it is clear glass, there could be a pretty big power increase in red and blu-ray lasers...

Most of them have glass, but do not have good properties when used without the expander. You will get more power with a 405nm over a coated axiz, but the beam is only good for 10-15ft. After that point the dot gets really messy. Also the lens has to be further from the diode, and if using an axiz module, there arent enough threads to get a big enough gap. The resulting dot will be huge, the only way around that is to use the brass module the lens came out of. If its a rominsen, the lenses I have had were 532 AR coated acrylic and useless for anything other than 532nm.

wannaburn said:
[quote author=Spyderz20x6 link=1216085145/0#0 date=1216085145]Hey Folks,

Most of them have glass, but do not have good properties when used without the expander. You will get more power with a 405nm over a coated axiz, but the beam is only good for 10-15ft. After that point the dot gets really messy. Also the lens has to be further from the diode, and if using an axiz module, there arent enough threads to get a big enough gap. The resulting dot will be huge, the only way around that is to use the brass module the lens came out of. If its a rominsen, the lenses I have had were 532 AR coated acrylic and useless for anything other than 532nm.[/quote]
Alright, thanks. You saved me from using it :p