Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Brand new Challenger II 405nm laser kaput?

I'm waiting for a reply from Podo so while waiting I decided to see if anyone else has had a similar experience. Batteries came yesterday which I charged up and inserted correctly and correctly all other times. This laser worked as expected until tonight about two hours ago. All it seems to do now is give a brief flash sometimes. If anyone has let me know.

Last edited:

Sta

This seems like a problem with the contacts. Have you tried putting aluminum foil between the battery and the switch, or jumping the switch using a wire?

This seems like a problem with the contacts. Have you tried putting aluminum foil between the battery and the switch, or jumping the switch using a wire?

Tried foil just now, still not working. I didn't think it would because this device has closely machined tolerances. For example: when inserting the batteries they float down the barrel slowly because the air in there has to squeeze it's way out passed the batteries.

Encap

Let Podo sort it for you---if he doesn't have an immediate fix get a replacement

Reactions: Sta