Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone ever order an EBay 1W Laser Pointer to Canada?

DanTheMan69420

I just recently ordered a $80 1W 450nm Laser kit with glasses and batteries included from a good rated seller on eBay. My only worry is that I am in Canada and I don’t want it to get stopped at customs. I messaged the seller and he claims he has successfully shipped laser pointers to Canada before but I’m still not sure. Just wanting to see if anyone has ordered something similar to this on EBay to Canada. Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• IMG_5427.jpeg
    IMG_5427.jpeg
    962.8 KB · Views: 2

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I just recently ordered a $80 1W 450nm Laser kit with glasses and batteries included from a good rated seller on eBay. My only worry is that I am in Canada and I don’t want it to get stopped at customs. I messaged the seller and he claims he has successfully shipped laser pointers to Canada before but I’m still not sure. Just wanting to see if anyone has ordered something similar to this on EBay to Canada. Thanks in advance :)
My fellow moderator ears and eggs is in canada and has had issues before. I think you just gotta get lucky

DanTheMan69420

My fellow moderator ears and eggs is in canada and has had issues before. I think you just gotta get lucky
Yeah the tracking now says “Completion of customs processing” so my hopes are good. I’m not sure if it’s the China customs or the Canada customs though.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Did it give a notification that it arrived in canada yet?

I ship to Canada and almost everywhere worldwide quite often and rarely encounter issues. I sell mine as "kits" and they come partially disassembled so it doesn't appear to be a laser pointer when x-ray'd or even opened by a customs agent. I'm not sure how others do it but I put a lot of thought into my packaging and shipping.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Then yeah it's in canadian customs