Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Advice on making driver for Nubm08 diode.

Zerdall

I have not made a laser at all so I am new to this. But I am willing to learn and I am looking for advice on making the driver for my diode. I ordered a nubm08 455nm 4.75W blue diode. So if anyone has a place where I could start reading up on how to do this the right way I would appreciate it.

Encap

Easiest quickest way-have a look at drivers on DTR web page. https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/ and buy one there or on eBay
If you really want to make one from scratch, google "DIY laser diode driver" see listings including LPF listings there.

Last edited:

Zerdall

Thank you for that site, I will use it if I can't make a driver. I was hoping to find a site where I could read up on how to make the driver itself. Do you know of any resources?

Encap

Thank you for that site, I will use it if I can't make a driver. I was hoping to find a site where I could read up on how to make the driver itself. Do you know of any resources?
As said above in post #2:
" If you really want to make one from scratch, google "DIY laser diode driver" see listings including LPF listings there. " Dozens of web page listings about same there.

Last edited: