Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Hello from a novice

WalkerAdi

Hi all -
I am a masters student working on a project involving laser diodes. Looking to learn as much as I can!

Welcome!

What kind of project? Lasers seem to be involved in 4 types of endeavor: Physics, communications, materials processing, and weapons.

Which one(s) did I miss?

Welcome!

What kind of project? Lasers seem to be involved in 4 types of endeavor: Physics, communications, materials processing, and weapons.

Which one(s) did I miss?
The use case would be for agriculture, actually. Depending on how broad the definition of materials processing is - it may fit that grouping.

I had a broad weed problem at my house when I lived in Vancouver, WA. Took poisoning them to finally get rid of all of them. Don't see a laser even doing that...but your post was hilarious!

I had a broad weed problem at my house when I lived in Vancouver, WA. Took poisoning them to finally get rid of all of them. Don't see a laser even doing that...but your post was hilarious!
Peice o' cake Paul. Rugedized outdoor roomba robot+camera+image recognition software trained on the * pattern of a dandilion+125W laser array=dead dandilions. And lots of lawn fires, and lawsuits. Not saying there wouldn't be.....challenges. But I can dream!

Yeah, I would have done anything to get rid of the broad leaf weeds I had. Used a poison specifically made for killing them at the root level. Even though it was recommended that it be diluted, it took full strength to remove them all.