Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ban poll for Madness Laser aka 3dlaserbuilder aka ...

Ban 3dlaserbuilder?

• Yes

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Oops!!
Thanks Curtis.. I don't think Paul saw the post yet or hoping he didn't.
Yeah I can be stupid at times or alot!
Again good catch!
I deleted the reply part, but difference is that Paul has ALOT of lasers:) and I don't think a Gattling gun type is one of them:whistle:
Paul the laserless creepy stalker lmao
It wasn't until I read more into the post I realised this wasn't an attack on Paul :D
It happens, easy to just click reply and unfortunately it includes the last person on the thread unless you choose the post to reply to.

GSS

Paul the laserless creepy stalker lmao
It wasn't until I read more into the post I realised this wasn't an attack on Paul :D
It happens, easy to just click reply and unfortunately it includes the last person on the thread unless you choose the post to reply to.
The thing is I did click reply on purpose to quote Paul's "Bye Bye".
Never dawned on me that it came across as a message about Paul.. And I re read my post a few times:oops:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
The thing is I did click reply on purpose to quote Paul's "Bye Bye".
Never dawned on me that it came across as a message about Paul.. And I re read my post a few times:oops:
Sometimes a honest mistake can yield funny outcomes. Don't worry, situation averted. lol
What you said about 3D (Not paul) also was quite humourous.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Actually I don't know what my ancestors were. I would like to speak more languages though.
English is enough for me. I've tried learning other languages. Didn't work out so well. Based on my genetic features and surname it looks like I go back to at the Norman invasion within British ancestry. Don't need to pay for a DNA test to work myself out. My DNA will be majority British, Nordic Viking, Irish and Germanic.

Reactions: GSS
Yeah, I was raised to speak English first, but also French and German. It has been awhile since I've had to do so, but can usually hold my own if necessary.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Yeah, I was raised to speak English first, but also French and German. It has been awhile since I've had to do so, but can usually hold my own if necessary.
Ironically the longest thrase I can say in any other language is this:

Je ne comprends pas du francais. Parlez vous anglais s'il vous plaît?

Translation: I don't understand French. Do you speak English please?

I had thought that if 2 people both spoke many languages that they could have an interesting conversation and that they may be able to understand some languages that they didn't fluently speak, at least in part, because of common roots in languages.
I discovered my theory to be correct when I saw these two.

Ironically the longest thrase I can say in any other language is this:

Je ne comprends pas du francais. Parlez vous anglais s'il vous plaît?

Translation: I don't understand French. Do you speak English please?

No need to translate that for me. :)

GSS

English is enough for me. I've tried learning other languages. Didn't work out so well. Based on my genetic features and surname it looks like I go back to at the Norman invasion within British ancestry. Don't need to pay for a DNA test to work myself out. My DNA will be majority British, Nordic Viking, Irish and Germanic.
If you go to any foreign country you will pick up and speak the language fully within 6 months. Not saying anything you don't know already.
Norman invasion in your ancestry:)

Like you I have no need to test my DNA. I know exactly where my ancestors are from. One side from a small town out in the boonies in Greece and my Moms side from a more developed part. I doubt there are any records of relatives anywhere. I never had Grand parents they all passed.
My last known Grand Mother passed away at 101 years old when I was 1 year old. She got married at 14. Thats how it was then.
My deepest known relatives where Uncles and Aunts which were really like my Grand Parents.
My Father was 47 when he had me so every relative I had was older.

This is bumming me out. I am forgetting my Greek which I always spoke fluently.
I was only allowed to speak Greek at home and lived in Greece for 4 months even. Went to Greek school as a child. I wasn't good at writing it though, maby a 1 or 2 grade level. When I was in Greece most of the store fronts had the names in capital letters which made it worse.
I worked in QC and then tool maker in a huge metals plant that was owned by a Greek and had many Greek workers and being a interpreter was important to them.

Lifes issues brought me away from extended family going on 30 years so like I said I just can't spit the Greek words out as easily right now and forgot how to say some words. I never ever thought that would happen.
I understand it though. I would think a couple months straight of being close to family it would come right back.
I even thought to get those "hooked on phonics" tapes:unsure:

Sorry for the babbling..

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
If you go to any foreign country you will pick up and speak the language fully within 6 months. Not saying anything you don't know already.
Norman invasion in your ancestry:)

Like you I have no need to test my DNA. I know exactly where my ancestors are from. One side from a small town out in the boonies in Greece and my Moms side from a more developed part. I doubt there are any records of relatives anywhere. I never had Grand parents they all passed.
My last known Grand Mother passed away at 101 years old when I was 1 year old. She got married at 14. Thats how it was then.
My deepest known relatives where Uncles and Aunts which were really like my Grand Parents.
My Father was 47 when he had me so every relative I had was older.

This is bumming me out. I am forgetting my Greek which I always spoke fluently.
I was only allowed to speak Greek at home and lived in Greece for 4 months even. Went to Greek school as a child. I wasn't good at writing it though, maby a 1 or 2 grade level. When I was in Greece most of the store fronts had the names in capital letters which made it worse.
I worked in QC and then tool maker in a huge metals plant that was owned by a Greek and had many Greek workers and being a interpreter was important to them.

Lifes issues brought me away from extended family going on 30 years so like I said I just can't spit the Greek words out as easily right now and forgot how to say some words. I never ever thought that would happen.
I understand it though. I would think a couple months straight of being close to family it would come right back.
I even thought to get those "hooked on phonics" tapes:unsure:

Sorry for the babbling..
Constant exposure and desire to learn is important.

Yep, it's very possible my bloodline was transferred to Britain through the result of the Battle of Hastings. However with bloodlines before the 1086 Domesday Book it is very hard to pinpoint anything accurately. My bloodline could have existed in Britain beforehand but chances are it was imported.

Greek heritage is a pretty cool. Ancient Greece was a important contributor to science and mathematics. I wonder how far back your bloodline goes.

GSS

Its really mind boggling just thinking about your relative generations before you. My history is bad so I had to look up the battle of Hastings. Wow there were alot of different nationalitys in the mix!! I don't how you would even nail it down.
Did you have someone in your bloodline that looked exactly like you 500 years ago:unsure:

I'm guessing all my past relatives were Greek that before them were Cro Magnon? LOL.
Greece is small so maby some migrated from Crete, Turkey which is are enemy and Italy. If 3D laser is reading this he is stewing:whistle:

Just a quick note, England is beautiful, the buildings, streets and so Monarch. Like we talked about Curtis;)
Those mail boxes you took a picture for me. Just so nicely crafted compared to our stamped sheet metal blue ones..

Last edited: