Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Yep I'm green, but willing to learn!!!

Brad7777

Hello, I'm Brad. 49, from Seattle WA area. For the longest time I was a lightsaber hobbyist. Not the $20.00 lightsaber toys you get from Target but custom builds costing sometimes several hundred dollars. I soon realized that no matter how nice the lightsaber build was it was still just a bunch of LEDs & material. It could never be the real thing. Which brought me here! I find lasers in general fascinating. Their applications are endless, with safety of course being most important! Although I'm new to the hobby I'm willing to learn, and thank all of you in advance for you patience & wisdom. Brad

GSS

Welcome:)
Don't be afraid to ask anything, as it's better to ask than make a mistake.
Sounds like you will fit right in!
Iv'e seen some truly nice Light Sabers.. I was around 10 years to old when Star Wars came out to be playing with the toys but i'm sure I would of had all the goodies that came out with Trilogy if I was of age:giggle:

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hello Brad, welcome to LPF! :)

Have fun, be safe, and enjoy your stay.

BTW, those custom lightsabers make some beautiful laser hosts!

Welcome to the LPF, Brad. I haven't been into lightsabers, just not a Star Wars fan as I was an adult when the first one was released and found them boring. Lasers certainly aren't lightsabers, though. My understanding is they can be made with laser diodes, however and maybe that is what you are talking about here. Oh, I'm in Tacoma, so welcome neighbor.