Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WL SpyderII BX Review

Hi guys! I've heard alot about you all but never got a chance to stop in, and considering that I don't see too many blue laser threads, I'll throw in one of the ones I just worked on:

Wicked Lasers SpyderII BX:

boomdog.skyfirelasers.com/reviewspyderIIbx.php

I tried to remain as impartial as possible, but it is a nice laser, so bear with me. I see some old WL/LC people on here, so I'd like to stop by more and see you guys.

S

SenKat

Yes, indeed - good to see you here ! That is a very nice review - I'm kinda bummed to see it in anything other than TEM00 though - I never actually read the "specs" I just wanted one ! BUT - given the performance you saw, it may not be that bad of a blue after all ! thanks for sharing the review !

T

timelord

I really like your site boomdog it's explained a few mysteries about the X-Y scanners as i've made various homemade jobbies (not as tidy as yours but they work). Nice review on the new blue Spyder too. One question have you tried to pop a balloon with it yet??

qwerty

sweet! really cool man. why did you choose blue? you liked the color over burning power? i dont know which i would choose if i had 2 grand to spare. probably green or red because i like the burning power, but blue is really cool just because its blue.

I actually won it in a drawing at LaserCommunity. They offered me a Spyder Bx originally, but asked if I wanted to change to a Gx (green 300mw). I still chose blue since I don't have one yet and I already have a 1-watt green lab laser. I definitely don't regret the decision

I think blue was a good choice. ;)

I have seen your lab laser on LC. That thing is a beast! :eek: Just wondering, did you get the divergence fixed on it?

I've gotten it back, but it still has poor divergence, just not nearly as bad: 2.5mrad down from 4.15. I'm in talks with AixiZ right now.