Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Well, I'm interested!

SyrupSplashin

Hey! I'm new here and hope to learn a lot!

I first became fascinated with lasers as a young child at around the age of 6. We had cats so per the laws of the feline kingdom we had to have lasers too! After much convincing over many months I had finally got a generic Chinese laser pen with a cool green beam. That is where my laser journey stagnated since a young child isn't financially capable of much else.

Now it's 14 years later and I just recently received my first of (hopefully) many quality lasers; A Sanwu Pocket Laser (520nm, 150mw). Knowing now what a quality powerful laser feels and looks like I am hooked once again!

I certainly have a ways to go; many things to learn and many experiments to be had!

I hope those within this forum can help me along the way and turn me into a full fledged laser aficionado!

Encap

Welcome and enjoy the forum.
Nice choice the Sanwu pocket--- visually very bright high quality mini with adjustable focus as well.

Be sure to get some laser safety goggles;glasses to protect you eyes to go with it.
Most reasonably priced are the Eagle pair goggles a dew tyuoe sold by Sanwu abd a wider range sold by Survival Laser International which is also a great place to buy a kit to easily assemble your own high quality hand held laser as well here: https://www.survivallaser.com/Safety_Goggles/cat556089_826120.aspx

Reactions: GSS

SyrupSplashin

Welcome and enjoy the forum.
Nice choice the Sanwu pocket--- visually very bright high quality mini with adjustable focus as well.

Be sure to get some laser safety goggles;glasses to protect you eyes to go with it.
Most reasonably priced are the Eagle pair goggles a dew tyuoe sold by Sanwu abd a wider range sold by Survival Laser International which is also a great place to buy a kit to easily assemble your own high quality hand held laser as well here
Already purchased the glasses along with the laser! Thanks for the source though. I'm eyeing up a 3.4W 455nm laser to build and I'll need a ned pair to go with it!

Hi Welcome to LPF here many great folks to help out. We have also a search field to look up research pertaining to our hobby .
Enjoy and be safe,
Rich:)

Snecho

Welcome!

Quite an exciting journey isn't it? Good luck to all your projects and learning experiences.

GSS

Welcome SS:)
Very nice and refreshing intro..;) Lately it's just spam and I broke my Thor laser whining. Then comes the trolls.
Ok Ok just going off track a bit because lately thats kinda how its been and pointing it out so you don't get discouraged as there is alot great info and great knowledged members here.
Great you got glasses already and don't be afraid to ask anything.. As far as the feline kingdom laser laws:giggle:of just having to have them in every draw in the house:giggle:these nice lasers you now have aren't the ones to play with them now..
I know you know but you would be surprised at those who still play with their cats with them.
Be safe!

Last edited: