Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu challenger 405nm multimode help

Tl;Dr at bottom

Hey everyone, after lurking for a while and learning as much as I could about lasers before deciding which one to buy my first laser is the 405nm 500mw challenger. This thing is SICK. Sanwu really knows how to put a quality product together. I do have a question that I can't find an answer for however. I got it with multimode, which I would be regretting less if it wasn't so hard to work. The clicky is really spongy, and I can't always tell where the "half click" demarcation is. So SOMETIMES I get it to the right mode, sometimes not. I mostly have a problem with medium/high mode, which you have to half-click 4 and 6 times for respectively. If I am getting it to switch, I can't tell the difference between the two. Is there an easier way to do this?

Tl;dr~can't tell difference between med/high on challenger. Having trouble switching modes w/spongy clicky. Advice?

BobMc

Exactly two hours apart, to the minute ... odd.

Curious, Maybe because he didn't get a response fast enough, thought maybe it didn't post ??? I'm drawing to an inside straight. :thinking:

Last edited: