Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Question about cd player diode

Is it possible for me to use this? I found out that it is pretty strong by using a camera without an infrared lens. The only problem is that the diode is shaped more like a light and has a bunch of lines going through it like a scanner.

S

SenKat

cd=player didoes are only at the MOST, 15mw.... If all you want is red color, then, YUP ! You can use it...if you want to burn with it ? NOPE !

Yeah, you'd have much better luck with a CD burner, but still better yet with a DVD burner (or just pick up one of senkats diodes). A CD player diode will emit a weak, unfocused, very very faint red spot that's pretty much useless for anything but... well... reading CDs.

Yeah but I can't see any red. It's like when you look at a remote when it's dark and you can see that faint red. That's all I can see. The red is all ir.

Gazoo

I did not think CD players have red lasers in them...they are infrared...right?????

yup... at least get one from a CD burner... invisible flameless lighter anyone???

As long as you do not light something that is in your mouth :-? Don't give bad ideas to people, some don't really know the dangers of that sort of thing :p