Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Polarity of laser pointer plug?

Greetings all,

I bought this 405nm 50mw laser pointer to cure UV resins. It comes with a CC/CV driver board built in and wire/plug. I want to connect this to a 5V power bank, but I'm hesitant because I don't know the polarity of the plug. Is the center pin (+) or is it (-)? Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• LPF pic.jpeg
    LPF pic.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 4

Dusty_Lenses

Greetings all,

I bought this 405nm 50mw laser pointer to cure UV resins. It comes with a CC/CV driver board built in and wire/plug. I want to connect this to a 5V power bank, but I'm hesitant because I don't know the polarity of the plug. Is the center pin (+) or is it (-)? Thanks for your help.
If it uses a standard adapter the center pin should be the positive. It is 99.999% of the times. Just watch the voltage and dont exceed whatever the original was.

OK. as a followup question for my laser... I have seen a female plug adapter to plug into my laser's plug and on the opposite end of the adapter was a female USB-A. I need the same type of adapter but USB-A male so I can plug it into my power bank for power. What do you call this and where do I buy one? I have no clue. Thanks again.

" 5.5mm to USB "

" WALL WART "
3rd or 4th down is a 5V 2A