Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New to site and lasers from Ohio,USA

Hi Paul,
I only stated that because accuracy taking game is important to place a shot well at a vital organ and to drop the game with no suffering.
Thats why am a stickler to accuracy , larger mammals have stronger wills to survive please I hope I didn't offend you. I cant justify an animal suffering after the shot is placed. I am just very conservative about taking larger game.
Rich:)
No problem, Rich. Back in the 1980s I was an archer and we used to go up on the mountain every week to shoot animal targets in a course that lead through the dense woods there. I was able to place all my arrows into a half dollar at ten yards every time. I never went hunting though. I got my second bow in 1981 from Martian Archery and set it up with sights, stablizers, a burger button and the best flipper rest around at the time. My arrows cost me $12.00 each and I had over a dozen of them. In all I had over $500.00 in this bow. I got to the point where I could put an arrow in a paper plate at 70 yards. It was great fun and excellent exercise. We each do what we enjoy. ;)

No problem, Rich. Back in the 1980s I was an archer and we used to go up on the mountain every week to shoot animal targets in a course that lead through the dense woods there. I was able to place all my arrows into a half dollar at ten yards every time. I never went hunting though. I got my second bow in 1981 from Martian Archery and set it up with sights, stablizers, a burger button and the best flipper rest around at the time. My arrows cost me $12.00 each and I had over a dozen of them. In all I had over $500.00 in this bow. I got to the point where I could put an arrow in a paper plate at 70 yards. It was great fun and excellent exercise. We each do what we enjoy. ;)

Paul , thats awesome I am very bad with bows its like I have two left hands never got the hang of it. I have a custom made long bow with a 55lb pull that I mess with from time to time. I couldn't hit a barn door at 20 ft to funny. If I had to deer hunt with it I would be better off sneaking up on them with a cast iron frying pan believe me.

Paul , thats awesome I am very bad with bows its like I have two left hands never got the hang of it. I have a custom made long bow with a 55lb pull that I mess with from time to time. I couldn't hit a barn door at 20 ft to funny. If I had to deer hunt with it I would be better off sneaking up on them with a cast iron frying pan believe me.
Yeah , I set my Martin compound bow to 75 lbs. It would be difficult for someone who doesn't shoot to pull it back at least 75 times in a archery course, but you get used to it after years of doing it. The arrows were specially made to my specifications. At $12.00 each they had to be good. That was 1981 money. I had three people I worked with that shot with me. We would also go out in the summer and golf nine holes before work two or three times a week. Going out at sunrise was great! No crowds at all.

Welcome to LPF

I haven't taken my bow out in years but I do go rifle/pistol target shooting often and I don't care for laser aiming devices as they show every jitter and can actually be distracting at all but short distance and you shouldn't need it up close but to each their own, I shoot faster without a laser dot to look at myself even when used at optimal distance but if you want one I would get a green, there are plenty to look at on ebay but beware that lasers from China labeled 5mw may be more than 5mw so as always lase safely.

---edit---

p.s. I use holographic red dot sights on many of my target rifles as they make for very fast shots and for night shooting as iron sights are hard/impossible to see in the dark but I don't think that I have ever seen a holo on a bow.

Here's a video I just found that echos my sentiments and may save you some money.

---edit---

Well you made me look and people are using holo sights on their bows :)
I always read the reviews and spend the money for a good sight that you can trust to stay zeroed, I use EOTech and Vortex but there are many good units available today, Holosun is supposed to be good and affordable although I have not had one of theirs yet.

Last edited:
Welcome from another buckeye--(Canton then Kent KSU grad 1970)--now living south of Houston..

hak

I didn't know you were at Kent State, Len. You weren't likely there when Nixon had the National Guard take over the campus because of students protesting the Vietnam war and four students were shot dead. I remember that like it was yesterday. The photos of the girl dead on the ground with her friend on her knees with arms raised in agony will be with me for life.