Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

new lasers

T

timelord

xgeek said:
I just ordered myself one of these:-
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.7885

I just wanted a cheap greenie that I could keep in the car or jacket pocket and I like the look of this one.
I've got one of those on my account wish list and will be ordering soon ;) they look very sturdy and if the diode is crap then it can be upgraded easily.... :cool:

xgeek

The only thing I was not sure about is the glass at the end of the torch. I wonder if this will distort the beam :-/
Also not sure about why it's called the "Police" version. What would the police do with a 30mW greenie?

XG

T

timelord

xgeek said:
The only thing I was not sure about is the glass at the end of the torch. I wonder if this will distort the beam :-/
Also not sure about why it's called the "Police" version. What would the police do with a 30mW greenie?

XG
You'll have to keep us posted on it when it arrives mate :-/

H

High_Octane

xgeek said:

XG

The lens in the Flashlight style 30mw DX laser that I had, did not distort the beam.... At least not in the few days the beam lasted!

"Police version" is just referring to the body of the laser. It resembles the style of flashlight carried by some police officers. trust me I know... I have had the privilege of having that bright light shinned in my eyes a few times.

Anyone have any of these newer lasers? I was just wondering cuz they look nice. That would be cool if someone could do a full review of one. ;)

i got the new key chain one and i ordered the 50mw from kaidomain

*EDIT* Corrected spelling ;)