Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Most Powerful (reasonably)Portable Flashlight?

Hello, I was just wondering: what is the most powerful flashlight you can get in a host not much bigger than a Maglite?

Not easy and im sure some will say otherwise but Xeno's G-42 with XML emitter 1000 lumens OTF should be top 5. The output , throw, and size make it a favorite. Once you have it in hand its hard not to notice the near mil-spec quality. And really one of the first torches in my small collection that stands out with unmatched design and finish at this price range. I paid much more for brands similar in quality and performance.

I'm not currently interested in buying one right now, I need to finish my laser first. What I meant by reasonably sized is not one of those ones that have a handle built in and are practically the size of a car wheel lol.

You can get a bunch of small sized torches that run a XML on a 18650 @ around 1000 lumens.

Then you have the SST90s that put out 1.5-2.5 times that amount... and then you have multi-emitter torches that can run 3-4-7 XMLs in a maglite host.

Hi there,

Maybe this website can help you out a bit in your decision.

http://fonarik.com/test

I love my polarion, but really would also like a small flashlight with max output.

Polarion ph40
P-polarion-PH40-4200lm.jpg

Cheers, sm.

Last edited:
Focalprice just sent me an ad for a 2000 LM light. Uses 4 18650 cells.
"SKY RAY King CREE Xlamp XM-L T6 3-LED 2000 LM Mini Flashlight (Beige)"
It is a monster at ~ 2" Dia and 6" long.
HMike

Last edited:

mikeox

Go to ebay if you like. I have recieved a 4200lm there for 80 bucks with trustfires and charger it is super bright! There is a good selection there to browse.

iv had a couple of xml-t6 18650 1000lumen torches off of fleabay, i only paid 10-15 pounds (gbp) each. from my own experience with xml-t6 torches, id advise you to try a keygos ke-1. the newer models have silly stainless bits on them, you might like them? i dont.... also avoid cheap focusable xml-t6, the design dosnt work properly with those bigger lenses, the focal lenght of the lense is too long so when you focus it down to a dot it looses alot of light.... my keygos ke-1 wa cheap and nicely made.. if you dont like it it wont matter at 10-15£ 25$!!! i love mine!