Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Longer Delays on BST Threads?

IsaacT

Hey,

I am not trying to complain here, just want to know. I submitted a FS thread a little over 30 hours ago. Typically they pop up in about 5-6 hrs but still no sign. Just wondering if there has been a lot of BST threads or something.

Other possibility is something failed and my thread was not submitted after all.

Anyway, just wondering what became of it. I am resisting putting the data in another of my FS threads because I feel like that is cheating. Also, I would need to delete one of them when the real thread popped up.

Thanks,
Isaac

Last edited:

Don't worry about it WBS. When I posted my Laserbtb 650-5 sale thread it took about 2-3 days until it was posted.

I just contacted daguin on this issue and he kindly looked through the sale threads and approved it. Maybe give him a PM?

rhd

I think 30 hours is normal. I've only posted 2 or 3 threads in BST since the rules came up, but if memory serves, it always took a couple days for them to become active.

Mods have lives, they're not getting paid, so we can't expect them to monitor postings 24/7 :)

To be clear, it's a horrible system - but we're stuck with it.

daguin

Unfortunately, sometimes more than one of us get busy at the same time :(

If you haven't seen it in a day (24 hours) you may want to pm one of us.
It may have slipped through the cracks like Tha Greenlander's did.
His simply slipped down the page too far, too fast.
I wasn't looking that far down the page :yabbem:

Peace,
dave

ped

Yep, I'm often PM'd asking for approval, which I have no problem with, just inbox me and I'll approve it, I'm usually kicking around every hour or so , GMT of course.

IsaacT

I appreciate yall approving my thread. I hope you all know I don't mean to harp on you, was just curious if something particular was going on like somebody's high school reunion or something lol. If ever i had doubts on whether or not I should sell a laser, it is the one I just put up so no worries on the extra time :beer:

ARG

It's because things is no longer a mod, so I can't bug him on IRC to go approve threads :p

daguin

It's because things is no longer a mod, so I can't bug him on IRC to go approve threads :p

I always try to blame Things for as many problems as I can, too :p

Peace,
dave

Last edited:
I'm also having the same problem.
If someone can look it up for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers :beer:

Sometimes the threads get lost in the approval process. Sometimes it can take days and days. I was
waiting a week for approval on a recent BST thread.

I, too, have been waiting on a thread for a while, now. I thought it was just me. Glad to know it may not be me at all, but a simple problem of too many threads or some getting away sometimes.

RayJay

One of my threads i tried to post over a week ago never showed up? I assumed they just didn't like me? :D

Mods have lives just like everyone else. They are not paid for what they do.

If it takes more than a few days to be approved just PM them about it. They are more than happy to help :beer:

I don't care about waiting for my thread to be listed. Its annoying how it takes forever for lasers to sell. It used to be easy, now you have to lose money to get it off your hands.

This is ridiculous, lasers are sitting on BST pages and no-one will buy them

:wtf:

LaserBTB is a great example of a good company that is killing US!!!!!!!!!!!

Delays on BST threads are the lest of our problems...

Last edited: