Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Long-Time Lurker

spectralspeculation

Hello all,

I've been a sporadic visitor to LPF since 2016, and I finally decided to make an account. This forum has been a tremendous source of valuable information over the years, and I want to express my appreciation for all the veteran members.
I purchased my first green laser pointer waaaaay back in the early 2000's, and the first "real" laser I bought was a Wicked Lasers 532nm 100mw Evolution Pro in 2009. It was a great little laser that really piqued my interest in lasers / science in general, but I was utterly clueless back then and I'm lucky I didn't blind myself or others.
Fast forward to 2016: after perusing this forum, I bought a Sanwu Pocket 500mw 445nm and some proper eye protection. I love that thing to death, and it still blows me away that half a watt of power fits inside such a diminutive and well-machined host.
After a couple year hiatus, I started lurking LPF again and was shocked (and delighted) to see the progress made by Sharp and other diode makers. Seriously, the untouchable colors I had lusted over for years--from 450-520nm--were suddenly available for under $100!
So I'm currently waiting on delivery of a Sanwu 4W 470nm Laser Rangers (shout out to Podo!), as well as a 60mw 488nm Ebay laser in a waterproof host (courtesy of another LPF member's recommendation).

Anyway, that's my laser history in a nutshell-- I just wanted to pop in to say hello!

Hi,
Welcome and HOLY CRAP !! What an enlightening welcome thread. Now thats what I call awesome we all love when a new member introduces Him or Her For the first time coming into the forum. And thank you for clarifying what lasers you have from the beginning when you first started. Glad to have you. Enjoy and be safe always ..

Rich:)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF! :)

Have fun, be safe, and enjoy your stay.

PS - As Rich mentioned, a great intro. thread, we're glad to have you as a new LPF member; there are a lot of laser knowledgable members here who will be glad to help you with any questions you may have.