Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser to scare crows!

hgee

Hi

This is my first post ; apologies if the topic is already covered

I have got rooks nesting in my tree which I would like to move on!
They are getting noisy and a nuisance
I have got a cheap laser pointer like this which I bought on ebay

s-l500.jpg

It has not been effective when pointing at them and I need advice on buying something more powerful which may work to move them on
I don't want to blind them but use something that would be strong enough to disturb them
Ideally it would be bright enough to work during the day as I dont want the neighbours to wonder what is going on at dusk!

Any suggestions I would be grateful
thanks

kecked

It’s not going to work. They learn fast. Noise works best. There is the risk of eye damage to animals too. What I’ve seen work is a wind whistle. Spooks them but you need to change it up as they learn fast.

Dundee

Like "kecked" said, noise is the thing mate. Every time I go to the Love's Truck Stop here, there's this loud squawking and screeching sounds over a couple loudspeakers on the roof of the building. It's like totally annoying and I didn't know why they did that. I asked and they told me it works well at keeping the crows from gathering and loitering around the place and the trash cans. Lol.

kecked

Birds are REALLY smart. Crows are one of the smartest. They are also very friendly. Keep your rod locked up and they will stay away. Ok that’s a funny typo so I’ll leave it meant food.

Hi

This is my first post ; apologies if the topic is already covered

I have got rooks nesting in my tree which I would like to move on!
They are getting noisy and a nuisance
I have got a cheap laser pointer like this which I bought on ebay

View attachment 75907

It has not been effective when pointing at them and I need advice on buying something more powerful which may work to move them on
I don't want to blind them but use something that would be strong enough to disturb them
Ideally it would be bright enough to work during the day as I dont want the neighbours to wonder what is going on at dusk!

Any suggestions I would be grateful
thanks
If your problem is the noise the crows make using other noise to scare them away might not be your best option. However, lasers are not good either and more powerful ones can injure the birds and no one wants that. I don't have a perfect answer to your problem, though.

Sounds like you need a "Sound Laser". Something to direct focused or collimated sound with low divergence at a narrow-range target:unsure:

additude

Time to run a single pair out there and hook up a speaker right in betwixt 'em.... connect +12v DC to the speaker only rub the + or - across the 12V terminals causing the speaker to scratch and pop.

additude

EEOW!! Gotta have a major bird problem for $415 solution.... Too bad it doesn't do a "Lazer Lite Rave Light Show" .....