Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser driver making

probottpric

Hey guys,

I was recently able to get a laser from a "model:CM 535; CD R/R, DVD ROM drive".
1. I was not able to figure out the model of the laser through the cd r/w dvd rom model.
2. It was given in the outer case that its a class 3b laser.

My questions is that is there any alternatives to make a driver for the laser without lm317 as its not available.
And what is the typical voltage and current specifications as i could try to make it myself.

I am totally new to the laser thing but pretty experienced in electronics.

Encap

My questions is that is there any alternatives to make a driver for the laser without lm317 as its not available.
And what is the typical voltage and current specifications as i could try to make it myself.
"make a driver for the laser without lm317 as its not available."
Whatever that means, they are 10pcs for $0.79 including shipping all over eBay and available from every electronic parts supplier on the planet?
Is a good idea to use LPF Search before you ask a question.
See thread : https://laserpointerforums.com/thre...o-drive-dvd-laser-diodes.108000/#post-1596550

Last edited:
I used to pop those diodes until I went with the LM317 and a decent input voltage.
There are thousands of 1$ 100-500ma CC drivers on ebay that would work for you, but again, input voltage is important (for the heat of the driver).

Any reason why you want to DIY a 1-2$ part?