Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help with goggles

I've read the various threads here concerning laser goggles.  I'm looking for 532nm goggles at an optical density of OD4 (or 5).

The problem I have with Wicked is that they do not list the specs for their goggles.  Laser safety is not a casual matter.  I would rather not purchase something that is unrated.

Googling for Goggles on the internet reveals a variety of prices - many from $200 to $400 range. Obviously I would prefer the $30 to $50 range.

As far as I can determine... the really expensive goggles have glass lenses, whereas the sub-$100 goggles are polycarbonate (makes sense).

So the $45 question is... can someone point me to a source of goggles that actually show ratings (e.g., 532nm with OD4) that are reasonably priced?  (for use with a 200mw laser)

Mahalo nui loa!

S

SenKat

Well, the sport deluxe from wicked boast an OD of 2-3 for 532, and they work fantastic - there is no bright glow at all, no scatter, etc. The ones for RED are in my opinion - toooo protective. I cannot see ANYTHING red with them on - the beam, the spot, nada ! I know this wasn't the exact answer to your question, but that's all I can do for you this time ! I have several lasers - a freak 120, an Aries 175 that runs at 194mw constantly, and they work perfect for me. Windstrings bought some goggles from Laserglow, and they are a higher OD than mine are - but the price was MUCH higher as well - check with him to get the correct amount, as the price elludes me at the moment.