Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

hello....

Mr.DerpTurtle8

hi, i'm new to LPF, and have been poking around for a few years looking for parts for my first build. I came across LPF, and was amazed at how big the community was, and how many knowledgeable people there were. I'm looking forward to learning about what you guys are posting, and your laser projects.

thanks so much! and greetings from Vancouver, BC!!

Quinn

Welcome to the LPF, Quinn. You are not that far from me in Tacoma, Washington. Enjoy your stay and stay safe.

Well there you go....new member intros are NOT manditory but are a good idea and this post by Paul shows that. His chances of finding more close to his location would be better if Vancouver was placed in his profile AND in his Intro title.
Our former forum showed our location under our avatar---which IMO is a big help.
That is why I often suggest an intro WITH some indication of the the OPs location in the post title.
AND if we have location in our profiles we can see that by mousing over the member's user name or go to their intro....
which is good but not nearly as good.

Many lately feel that LPF has been very slow or even 'dead'. I really believe that intros are one way that LPF can be seen as a great forum and meeting other members IMO is almost always a good idea.
For sure, other members will never say---'why lasers?' 'Do you REALLY need more than one?" "I don't get it.....they are so expensive' and so on. This becomes more true when anyone attends a LEM... at SELEM you will be among (now) > 100 others who know why.
AND anyone who knows how, can find our 20 by an IP addy ... so much for being 'Mr Secret Member'

BUT I have no problem with anyone not making an intro or posting their location. MYB they are in the Federal Witness Protection Program' etc
If you search just 'hakzaw1' you can find almost everything about me...LOL.
I got a PM thanking me for the suggestion.. he only knew after adding location in profile that a Vet member lives less than 5 min away. That was on the former forum....

hak -peekaboo I see you!!!