Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Fedex vs UPS!

Which postal service do you prefer and why?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
First time doing a poll but I was wondering what everyone's opinion is on postal services. Personally I Vote fedex. They have provided very up to date tracking, very early delivery (much earlier than UPS) and they seem a whole lot faster overall.

Let me know what you all voted and if you want share some experiences. There is no winner I just want to see what you all prefer.

I chose fedex because they have only lost 2 - 16Gb flash drives, both with confidential information on them.
0/2

UPS on the other hand has lost:
An industrial "ring roller" - bends plate steel
2 laser sleds
Left my girlfriend's marrowing machine outside her door (against the law)
2 DVD's - Irreplaceable content
they sent some of my titanium tubing to a competitors store who then tried to charge me to get it back (cops had to be involved, lawsuits threatened, etc.)
2/~15
and the 2 parcels that I HAVE gotten through with them have been LONG shipping times.
I'd rather drive across the country to pick something up instead of trusting either of them in the future.
Standard postal service has been by far the best IMO.

Last edited:

anselm

Hmmm, I really gotta go with Hong Kong Post on this one. :D
Too bad I can't leave a vote for them.
Can't beat "free shipping" even though they take their time. :crackup:
Ohh, also Thailand Post really surprised me the other day: only 3 days from thailand to portugal!
I've had several bad experiences with UPS being unable to find my door.
OK, so it is kind of hidden (no number, 1. floor) but it seems they don't even try.
My normal postman of course knows where my door is,
but he is too lazy to ring the doorbell and wait for me if the parcel is
too big and doesn't fit my mailbox. He fills out a paper, and then I can pick it up
myself at the station the next day.:yabbmad:

Sorry, wrong thread? :D

I prefer USPS. They are so much more convenient to me than the big truck shippers. I have refused to order small items from some companies because those companies don't offer USPS as one of their shipping options.

Ed

I guess that answers THAT question...
Hope standard mail is an option for you ;)

Australia Post for me, if it was an option :rolleyes:
They can have their off days though... I've been inside AP HQ and WOW It's insane! :eek:

Some how I am not being notified of this thread.. Well anyways Its good to hear all of your opinions on postal services. This poll was mainly aimed at the USA folks but I suppler hearing your opinions on foreign services is cool too.

udanis

I am a big fedex fan, but dhl is my preferred intentional carrier.

jakeGT

fedex, because I work there, and I know, if a package gets lost, or something happens to it, it is either, A- the drivers fault entirely, Fedex uses "contractors" who bring their own truck, and "Buy" a delivery route, and if they want to get off at 2Pm that day, they will just bring your package back, or throw it to your door step.

Because the managers, and people employed and who get a paycheck directly from fedex are extremely extremely serious about getting a package to it's owner. Every package not accounted for and dealt with 110% proffessionaly is a very bad relfection on their "hub" and will hurt their paychecks directly also.

SORRY FOR necroposting! had to rep my employer!!